See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My 2 dogs and I stayed at the Tara for 2 nights for a short May Bank Holiday getaway. We had a very warm welcome. The room was comfortable and had everything I needed. The inclusive continental breakfast is plentiful. You're always asked if there is anything else you need. I only wished I was staying for the whole week! Thank you so much to Steve and Pam for a wonderful stay. I cannot recommend enough!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Victoria P
TaraHotel, Owner at Tara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you Victoria it was a real pleasure having you stay. Look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards
Steve and Pam

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Stayed here earlier this month with my cousin. They weren't very busy but i guess thats due to the season. Our room was clean and had everything you would need. My only note would be that we found it hard to keep the temperature in the shower constant. But that's only a minor problem. The breakfast was more than enough, and we were even asked what time we want it to be ready! Again they were very friendly and hospitable, were eager to answer anything and to help with anything! I would recommend it to anyone who wants somewhere friendly and cosy to stay while in the area!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Tasos k
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Terrific little B&B with a wonderful comfy room with all the facilities you need, and great value in my view. The breakfast was superb and plenty of it. The owners were friendly, helpful and informative would stay there again without hesitation.

Room tip: I had number 8 at the top of the house which was beamed and which may be a problem if you are tall!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Richard B
TaraHotel, Owner at Tara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Stayed in this hotel after waking the coastal path and was a homely hotel with Steven and Pamela good hotel management.
I stayed in an onsuite it was brilliant. Also had free wifi and could have my dogs in there

Never tried Welsh rarebit intill I stayed there it was beautiful..

Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank Tripad984

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

This is our 3rd time at the Tara and again we felt really welcomed and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the morning. We would like to say thank you for letting us bring both dogs as well. Hope to see you soon :)

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank berniemwalsh