“Good food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llandrindod Wells
The Ridgebourne Inn
Poole, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were staying for one night in Llandrindod Wells after a long drive, so didn't want to get in the car again to find somewhere to eat. It has to be said that there is not a great deal of choice in the town, but we were pleasantly suprised by this pub. Both my husband's steak and my salmon were well cooked and tasty and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Good value for money

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pandapatch29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I recently stayed here and found the place to be such a delight! Very friendly and warm welcoming atomsphere! Staff were very polite and chatty! I was lucky enough to try the all you can eat buffet, it was so refreshing to see homemade food! I was impressed with everything, I would recommend this place to anyone and will most certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2012
Builth Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

After a busy morning of meetings, I decided to pop by the ridgebourne inn for a quick bite to eat. I am not local to the area, a local lady suggested the pub.
On my arrival the bar maid was extremely friendly and helpful. I ordered cod and chips, The food was beautiful. Not like your usual standard frozen fish that has been fried.
I was in the area the following week and decided to stop at the ridgebourne again. A all you can eat buffet was on. Great value for money and many choices of dishes.
I would highly recommend the Ridgebourne Inn to anyone who is pacing through the area. The pub is a very relaxing stop, I was made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank kate p
Builth Wells, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was travelling through Llandrindod Wells and stopped at The Ridgebourne for a meal. i had lasagne and chips it was truly superb. after reading the review 'not a healthy eating place' i felt it was only fair to correct it as if you go to an all you can eat evening then i dont expect they would serve salad.
I will definately be visiting the Ridgebourne inn next time i am driving past or in the area. very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We visited this on Tuesday 20th March 2012 on recommendation from a local. We wish we had never gone. If this is the best that Llandrindod Wells can offer then we will not be going back. There was an all you can eat offer at £6.95 per head which seemed very reasonable. We paid our money and queued up to find that it was not self service.
The plates were cold, something I detest when being served hot food. Once it came to my turn I found that there were no healthy options at all. Home made meat pie, sweet and sour battered chicken with rice and noodles, Cajun chicken, sausages, very fatty sliced pork, peas, carrots and cabbage mixed, chips and greasy roast potatoes. Due to the fact that I have an allergy to brassicas I asked if I could possibly have just some peas and carrots to which I received a resounding rude ‘No, this is how it comes’ from the woman serving the food. I dared not ask if there was any salad available for fear of the reply.
My wife politely asked if she could return for a second serving as she does not like different dishes mixed on her plate. She was told in no uncertain terms ‘Yes, provided you have eaten everything on your plate.’ It was like being back at school.
I ended up having two slices of the fatty pork which I stripped of fat and some Cajun chicken. Being on a fat free diet there was nothing else to have. I went back twice for another piece of Cajun chicken but had to queue only to find they had run out and had to wait another 10 minutes for some more to appear. There were people queuing up and having their plates piled high, god help their digestion.
If this used to be good it isn’t any longer. Give it a miss at all costs

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business