Metropole Hotel
Greylands Guest House(Llandrindod Wells)
US$87
US$95
US$86
  • Restaurant
Highland Moors Guest House(Llandrindod Wells)
US$97
US$80
The Lion Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
US$100
The Hampton Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
US$67
Glen Usk Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
US$83
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Disserth Caravan & Camping Park(Howey)(Great Value!)
US$21
Pitchup.com
Fedw Farm(Hundred House)
US$80
TripAdvisor
1,454 results
All reviewscourse taster menuglass of champagnetower roomlarge hotelsuperior roomtravelzoo dealmid walesleisure facilitiesgourmet dinnerspecial offersteam room and jacuzzilovely hotelrestaurant staffhigh standardmodern bathroomfamily roomup to date
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just returned from a 3 nights stay for the annual Salsa & Fitness weekend. Everything was perfect, the staff attentive and very efficient. The breakfast and Dinners were of a very high standard. Can't wait for next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Wychwoodtenby

We love the annual Salsa and Fitness weekend, it a great change for us and I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. I shall make sure that Bob and his team who organise it see you feedback.

Look forward to meeting with you next year if not before.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed one night on a Travelzoo special deal.I booked it because the previous reviews on Tripadvisor for the Metropole Hotel were outstanding.From reception to dining,the staff were all helpful.The bedroom we were in,was clean and had been refurnished,it was pleasing to have
a modern bathroom with underfloor heating.The six course tasting menu was very good.
The breakfast the following morning was buffet style,but good.
At the grand price of £99 for the two of us with all of the above,this is superb value for money.
The Metropole Hotel are to be congratulated on this,the quality of the food and the most helpful
staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for your very kind feedback, I'm delighted we meet the expectations you had from reading other feedback on Tripadvisor.

I hope we shall welcome you back again soon and if you do return please book directly with us as it saves us commission to online agents such as Travel Zoo and allows us to keep these really competitive prices.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Passed through here on a number of occasions and finally had chance to stay due to business commitments. The whole experience has been fantastic...

I initially phoned to book a room for one night and spoke to a lady called Sophie, she was a great ambassador for the hotel, booking me in efficiently and professionally, the experience didn't stop there!

On arrival Sophie was on reception and the welcome was first class, she explained what facilities were available at the hotel as well as what was on offer in the restaurants.

My room was lovely, perfectly clean and extremely comfortable, on arrival in the restaurant I found the staff to be helpful, friendly and extremely professional. I must compliment the manager who slotted me in and adjusted the menus to suit my exacting requirements even down to putting on a cheese board for me.

The whole dining experience from the starter to the coffee was outstanding.

A note to the owner/ manager:

Can I just say that I've stayed in a lot of hotels and your establishment is by far the best I have experienced and would recommend without hesitation to anyone, thank you for a lovely stay.....

Kind regards

John

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jcbaxi

Dear John,

Thank you very much for you very kind feedback. I am very fortunate to have a great team working here at The Metropole and I am delighted that Robert and Sophie made such a positive impression on you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Visited with friends on a 'deal' and really enjoyed our stay. The deal provided very good value and we never felt that there was any corner cutting to fit in with the deal price. The staff were excellent and could not pick out any individual as they were all very attentive, pleasant and helpful. This is the best service I have had in a hotel in a long time. The food was better than expected which is always nice. We had the 6 course taster meal, cooked to perfection and most enjoyable. Breakfast was just as good. The building has an air of past grandeur and is non the worst for that. Just one little blip, the bedroom was extremely hot when we first arrived, the room heating had been set to maximum!. The system is not the easiest or best to regulate being regulated by trial and error. It is best to read the instructions in full if you wish to change the temperature. I turned it off completely and within an hour or so it was fine. Would definitely go back especially on a similar deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Robert,

Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay but sorry the room was to warm upon arrival. I strongly believe that cutting corners to make a deal pay is a false economy. The deals we offer are great value and great quality and we hope that will encourage guests to return time and time again. I hope this will also apply to you and your friends and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Metropole in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We visited on a special offer, which consisted of an overnight stay, 6 course taster dinner, breakfast and use of the spa facilities.

The ensuite room was of a reasonable size and ready before the allotted check-in time, which was appreciated. The free wifi was a nice touch. The only downside, is that the rooms are not well insulated in terms of sound and noise could be heard from the corridor and adjacent rooms. (Given the age of the hotel, this is perhaps not surprising.) The staff were both friendly and efficient. The dinner was very good and the staff in the restaurant were attentive, without being obtrusive. The breakfast was of good quality and there was a reasonable choice of items available. Overall, an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for you feedback following your stay with us. As we have refurbished we have done our best to insulate the bedrooms and on the whole have been pretty successful, but I'm sorry if you were disturbed. As an aside to that, noise can be a problem wherever you stay regardless of age. I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express between Newport and Cardiff before a meeting a week or two ago and despite the fact it was built very recently the noise of 2 particular guests in the corridor outside my room was a constant nuisance until they finally went to bed. I put it down to bad luck.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay.

Kind regards