“Business trip”
Review of Metropole Hotel

Metropole Hotel
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Found myself here on an overnight business trip. The doctor is a little tired and dated but is clean nonetheless.

Staff are pleasant and helpful (except one) and food in the restaurant was of reasonable quality.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at The Metropole. I am sorry one of the team did not meet your expectations, they are all normally a very friendly and efficient bunch. I hope this won't stop you returning in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived at the Metropole on a whim, and were impressed with the atmosphere and informative staff who helped us on arrival. The (double) room was very large, and the facilities were excellent for the price. Breakfast the next day was very good, and seemed to be appreciated by the many residents who were clearly there on business. We ate in the brasserie for an evening meal, and the service was friendly whilst the quality of the food was good. My only quibble would be with the TV reception in the room, but this is probably more due to the area itself and is hardly a deal-breaker when choosing a hotel in any event. Great hotel - shame about the surrounding area as there really is nothing to see or do. Stay here and move on - that would be my advice...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S

Dear Richard,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. Whilst I am very pleased the hotel exceeded your expectations I am saddened you found the surroundings so dull. I wish I had had the opportunity to meet with you and I am sure I could have highlighted some of the great attractions we have within a short drive of the town. Our web site has plenty of information and I would encourage all guests to ask at reception or the spa and the staff would gladly help find interesting things to do and places to visit.
I hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I went for one night with a special offer to this hotel and it was SPECIAL. This hotel is not part of a chain and one was immediately aware of the difference in a caring, family run hotel.
The drive to it, from any direction and in any weather is spectacular, even in the rain as we did.
We were greeted warmly, given a warm, clean room with a modern bathroom and then we went to use their leisure facilities. The pool, sauna etc were excellent
The six course tasting dinner included in the price was also excellent, imagininative with fresh locally sourced products.
Despite the weather which continued to be cold and wet, even in April we thorougly enjoyed our stay and will certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Margare
Thank you for your very kind feedback following your stay with us in April and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here for one night on business.It is a nice Victorian hotel in the centre of LLandridnod Wells, not far from the train station. It is not much to look at from the outside but is very nicely decorated inside and has extensive communal seating areas, a bar/restaurant, a more formal restaurant and a gym/spa. There is also a well maintained public garden over the road and a large car park for guests.
The check in was efficient and friendly. The room was large, well decorated and clean and had everything I would expect. The bathroom had a bath and separate shower and the the toiletries provided were OK. I ate in the bar restaurant, where the food was good and the prices were OK too. Breakfast the next day was also very good. There was a large selection of hot food and some continental. I used the pool before breakfast. It was larger than the average hotel pool and also had a sauna and steam room. The gym looked good too. My only gripe was that the WiFi did not work consistently during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry P

Dear Kerry,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am sorry you had a problem with the free wifi and I have raised this with our wifi providers. I am pleased to say the Llandrindod is due to get super fast broadband connectivity by December 2014 which will be great for everyone in the town, residents and visitors.
Justin Baird-Murray

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend.
The hotel Is nice Bar area very clean tidy and the staff very efficient.
We had a room on the first floor overlooking a flat roof, Not much of a view But the room was nice and comfortable,

As we were with a large group, meal times were military operated and it felt a bit rushed at times.

Cant fault the staff, they were all pleasant and helpful.

I would go back again, but rather as a twosome it might be a bit more relaxing at mealtimes.

Room Tip: First floor rooms at the back if its a hot weekend. Front rooms were stifling hot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at The Metropole and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Justin Baird-Murray

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have just got back from a two night stay at this hotel... The staff were fantastic, food was great... Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The room was a nice size and very clean. would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mel
Thank you for your very kind feedback following your stay at The Metropole. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

What a great place!

Fantastic food, brilliant friendly helpful staff. Huge room. Safe parking.

Spotless room keeping. Wifi everywhere.

The quality of food was wonderful too.

Could not fault it.

We loved it and look forward to returning next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Scott
Thank you for your awesome feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back next year if not before.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandrindod Wells
#1 of 1 in Llyswen
Knighton Hotel
Knighton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knighton

Been to Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!