“Christmas dinner”

Hotel Commodore Restaurant
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I ordered and paid for 5 of us doing Christmas lunch, Never again.... waited nearly 50 mins for the food, and my little brother did not want the dinner so asked for a pizza, food arrived and the beef was salty, potatoes where under cooked and hard, the peas where cold and the gravy was like dish water, the pizza was a frozen pizza which paying £15 for was nothing more than a rip off, but to add insult to injury it was burnt underneath and on the top but in the middle was almost raw and soggy... clearly the oven was up way to high... i told them i wanted a refund as it was disgusting, i was told "noone else is complaining" and offered a £15 partial refund... not bad since it cost £115...

3  Thank abdulearazaar

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Good choice and value. Friendly staff and service considering the number of diners at the tables. The Chef is a star!

1  Thank takethefinesse
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Loved the meals, huge variety, friendly staff couldn't do enough for you or fault them in any way
Would highly recommend the restaurant as a perfect end to a perfect day

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 11 July 2013

As an ex resident of Llandrindod and after a long journey I popped my head round the door of the Commodore Hotel desperate for the loo to be greeted by the owner with a stern expression and a 'what do you want? ' Needless to say she wouldn't let me use the loo and I had to search elsewhere. Later on my friends decided to have coffee in the hotel so hoping my experience wouldn't be repeated we enjoyed a nice caffitaire but when I asked for a takeaway coffee the server was rude and unhelpful. We never do takeaway coffee she said and marched off. On this occasion I was dressed pretty casually but I do a lot of meeting and accommodation bookings for my company and am always on the lookout for suitable venues. The Commodore missed a trick here, had they been charming and helpful I may have been able to bring a lot of business their way.

5  Thank Millymolly3311