“Week long stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Commodore
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Fantastic
Pleasant staff, couldn't,t do enough for you
Rooms were clean and beds comfy
Meals were fantastic
As an overseas traveller I would recommend this hotel to anybody as it as good as any I have visited

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Without doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. To make matter worse the room cost £149 per night. That is an absolute scandal. The rooms are awful, the bathrooms tatty and the common parts dirty and old. It might be undergoing a 5 year refurbishment plan but the rates do not reflect this. We didn't even consider eating here. Its a run down hotel but charged at super inflated prices. I did initially feel sorry for the owner, who has taken on a huge task, but that feeling wore off quickly, especially when my credit card had been charged before I checked out. I think they knew they better take the money before asking how my stay was. You should also be aware that it adjoins a pub called the log cabin which is noisy. I honestly would not stay there for free.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank simple-supper
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our twin room was small & pretty cramped for two people.Main light did not work.Decor needed refurbishing in bathroom. i.e. ceiling, crack & small hole in bathroom sink,no hot water for bath or shower at 8.30am,loose toilet seat. However, beds were comfortable & bed linen clean & fresh. The worse thing though was the shambolic breakfast experience! No " Good morning or welcome greeting from breakfast staff - in fact some of them were pretty surly to say the least ! Staff wandering aimlessly around, failing to clear tables & replenish with clean crockery / cutlery.Customers taking cutlery from other tables as there were no butter knives provided on their own tables. No individual tea pots / hot water pots provided just FLASKS of hot water to make tea - unbelievable !Stewed tea - awful !! Just one 4 slice ( extremely slow ) toaster for the whole room of guests - causing queues at the table with guests waiting for toast. What if there had been a coach party for breakfast? Had to ask staff for butter 3 times as they failed to bring it. Again, saw other customers getting butter from other tables. Your breakfast staff need urgent retraining in the art of multi-tasking & good customer service a.s.a.p. !Was prepared to give you a chance, but all this is just too much & we wont be returning any time soon !

Room Tip: get one that has been refurbished
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business, unfortunately this coincided with the Royal Welsh Show. The room rate was £150 per night which was no doubt inflated due to the show, never the less, I had high expectations for this amount of money.

On arrival the hotel owner was quite accomodating and found me a double room instead of a twin but then began to apologise for the tatty state of the room claiming it had not been refurbished. To be honest I have stayed in better hostels as a traveller in my younger years. I decided not to say anything as they were clearly very busy and to be honest it probably wouldnt have done much good.

I stayed the night which was fine but on entering the breakfast room I was faced with the breakfast buffet which consisted of 4 boxes of half eaten cereal (the large types you buy at home, not the individual packs) and some tinned fruit. All the tables were cluttered with dirty crockery.

I decided I would need to speak to the owner who at this point decided to argue the point with me, claiming the breakfast was acceptable and she had been in the corporate world herself and this was normal. Not wanting a stand up arguement I left. On checking out the lady gave me a free drink off my bill.

Would not recommend this hotel, and certainly do not complain unless you want an arguement!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank davidwood33
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My Dad booked The Hotel Commodore for me, my sisters and families to stay for a weekend in June, so i did not really know what to expect. But i have to say it was fantastic Hotel, really friendly, helpful staff, great food and musical instruments to entertain the kids and Adults! The bedrooms and ensuite were very spacious, clean and nicely decorated. It was a great weekend and We will all be down to stay again but bringing more of us!
Thankyou Nikki Carvalho

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for three nights while on business. This is a down to earth hotel with a big heart. If you are looking for corporate styling then this is not for you ,but if you want somewhere individual , where you are welcomed and taken care of then this will be your home from home. It is very much a work in progress and it wont be to everyone's taste ( we had a few ill fitting doors and dodgy plumbing experiences) but the place is slowly coming together as a result of the love and hard work by the superb staff.. who even posted my forgotten pyjama bottoms home to me. The only other place I have received that sort of service ... Claridges of course!.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This was one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed at for so many reasons, The staff were Awesome just no other word :), we were a group of 4 men 3 cranky and one old n cranky ;) after long days on the bike, but the abundance of hugs and hot water not to mention the special, dinner and a pint for a £5 could life get any better, hotel is old but we weren't there for decor we came for the mountains and enjoyed every min, when we left Llandrindod Wells we headed north to the coast passing through the most beautiful countryside absolutely stunning well worth a spin. thanks to the Commodore for a wonderful and relaxing stay :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells
Llangoed Hall
Llangoed Hall
#1 of 1 in Llyswen

Been to Hotel Commodore? Share your experiences!