Bryncelyn Guesthouse
US$193
Belle Vue Hotel(Llanwrtyd Wells)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Bronfelin Holiday Cottage(Llanwrtyd Wells)
Ty Carreg(Llanwrtyd Wells)
TripAdvisor
The Lake Country House & Spa(Llangammarch Wells)
TripAdvisor
Cedars Guest House(Builth Wells)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswould definitely stay here againgreat breakfastcomfortable bedbreakfasts are legendarylovely ladycentre of townmaking facilitiescorner shopnothing is too much troublea real gemlovely accommodationyogurtrooms were very cleansmallest towncooked breakfastfull englishfantastic value
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went to the Real Ale Ramble weekend with friends and stayed at this hotel. Lil, the owner, was fantastic - friendly, caring and interested in her guests. Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was great and the rooms were spotless and charming. I had room 5 on the side of the hotel which meant that it was quite - away from the road. I couldn't fault the facilities in any way. My friend was provided, for a modest fee, with a packed lunch for the walk that he thoroughly enjoyed. We immediately booked again for next year, such was the impression. We have stayed in other places in the town on previous walks and non comes close.

Room Tip: Lil did warn me that the TV and Wi-fi reception in room 5 was erractic and she was right. It didn't bother me but if you cannot tear yourself away from these then you may need to try rooms 6 or 7
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
lilandmalc, Owner at Bryncelyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Hi Colin, thank you for taking the time to post this great review. I look forward to welcoming your group of walkers again next year. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I have been visiting Llanwrtyd in the quiet period between the Mid Wales Beer Festival weekends with friends for about twenty years. This is the first time but not hopefully the last that I've stayed in the Bryncelyn.

There are several excellent places to stay in Llanwrtyd each with their own character. Bryncelyn offers modern comfortable facilities with a great breakfast and excellent value.

There is also free wifi which varies in strength around the building.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
lilandmalc, Owner at Bryncelyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for posting this lovely review. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to seeing you again next November,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I organised our company cycle challenge in September and we stayed at the Bryncelyn Guest House on our first night. As you can imaging the cyclists were exhausted after their 8 hour, 75 mile first day of riding but were overwhelmed by the welcome we recieved. Hot drinks and cakes were available as we walked through the door along with a warm welcome from Lil and Malcolm. The rooms were excellent and the breakfast even more so.

As the organiser I particulaly liked the ease of booking and payment. My job was to ensure the cyclists had everything they needed and Lil made my job so much easier.

The cyclists were that impressed by the set-up they insited we book the entire guest house for our 2014 cycle challenge.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and we will see you again in September 2014.

Room Tip: Talk to Lil and Malcom about your needs as they were great at advising the best room for our guests. Whatever room you choose you are on to a winner as the feedback from our group has been excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
lilandmalc, Owner at Bryncelyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. What a lovely group you were and we're delighted you've booked again for next September. There's always a great atmosphere in the house when we have a group booking especially at breakfast when everyone chats and plans their day. We look forward to seeing you all (& a few extra) next year.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I only stayed 1 night but the service was top class.The room we had was very spacious and comfortable & had everything you would need. The breakfast was lovely and kept me and my traveling companion going all day. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
lilandmalc, Owner at Bryncelyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have just spent a fabulous weekend at Bryncelyn with Lil and Malcolm who are very friendly and welcoming . We stayed in room 7 which was large, spotlessly clean with terrific views over the town and surrounding hills. We had everything we needed and more, with nothing too much trouble for our hosts. The breakfast was fit for a king and certainly kept us going for the day. It is brilliantly located in the town and we were given plenty of advice on where to go walking during the day and where to socialise in the evenings. Without doubt the best B&B experience we have had to date and we will be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
lilandmalc, Owner at Bryncelyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review of your weekend stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the walks and the chats in the local pubs. We look forward to welcoming you back again.