“Fabulously welcoming guest house”

New Hall Guest House
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My new wife an I were married in Llanwyrtd this weekend and we plus a mixture of family and friends stayed at New Hall. We were extremely well catered for and I particularly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the professional courtesy that was given towards our very specific needs. Thank you so much to you both June and Eugene. I hope that you enjoy India!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here to carry out some work locally.
Friendly welcome, lovely room, great shower, fantastic breakfast.
The property has a modern feel in a converted older building but all done very tastefully, use of a guest lounge made it feel like a home from home...... think we were the only guests staying.
Couple of minor issues were mentioned to the owners but these were quickly resolved and had a great stay.....
Would recommend to friends and family

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My partner and I booked the New Hall Guest House when we were given a Buyagift voucher. We were a bit nervous as we have had a couple of pretty poor experiences with these vouchers in the past.
We turned up and the one thing I will say is, be it my own wrong judgement but, the location looked quite different from the pictures. I was under the impression that the Guest House was a bit more isolated. Unfortunately next door had some scaffolding erected at the time we went which spoilt the appearance somewhat but, hey, what can you do.
Anyway, once we got inside, we felt very much put at ease! The house is lovely, very clean and welcoming. We were welcomed by Eugene who showed us to our room. Our room was the blue room, very clean and tidy, I personally loved the little coasters too :). In the morning when the doors were left open, we noticed that our room was the smallest of the 3 - expected of course since we booked on a voucher - but I must say that was actually quite a surprise: we thought our room was quite large!
In the morning, June cooked us a lovely breakfast, all with local produce and wonderful fresh eggs! Not a massive portion, however this turned out to be a blessing in disguise: we asked June for advice on a nice walk For which she very kindly drew us a map of the local walk. But as she is quite the rambler, my very inexperienced partner and I were quite ill-prepared! We felt a bit stupid as we realised the other couple in the house were going in the same walk, fully equipped with compass, hiking boots, the works, while we were out in our trackies and trainers! I believe June told us it took her an hour and a half - we took 3! But it was lovely, right through the hills and past all the sheep. We had a great time, and I must say I felt pretty damn proud after the walk/hike!
So yes, a lovely first stay in a guest house, and also in Wales! Would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a quiet and romantic retreat :)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night. The room was large and clean with a en-suite. There was homemade flapjack provided in the room together with tea and coffee making facilities. The breakfast was excellent and was made from fresh local ingredients. The owner gave us good advice to the pubs and restaurants in the local area. We would happily go back again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and so stayed here for 2 nights and could not have left any more pleased. We arrived quite late due to traffic, but when ringing to advise June seemed more concerned about us making sure we grabbed something to eat as the restaurants in the village closed at 8.30ish.
On arrival, we were shown around the place, a lovely lounge area for guests, etc and were shown our room. The room was so spacious, spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. The king size bed was so comfortable and needless to say we had an amazing night's sleep.
Breakfast in the mornings was plentiful and delicious. My partner had the full works and said the sausages (locally sourced) were one of the best he's ever had. I had emailed the day before to say that I didn't eat pork and June cooked chicken goujons specially for me. A lovely gesture as I could easily have just done with eggs and beans. She also have me this delightful homemade chutney - again well received! We could not have been made to feel anymore welcome as we did - homemade Eccles cakes left for us in our bedroom for us when we came back from our long walk was just lovely. June was very knowledgable and told us some interesting stories about the local area which we enjoyed listening to and gave some great recommendations for food and sightseeing.
We will most definitely be returning in the near future!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We really enjoyed our 1 night stay at New Hall Guest House and found the owners very welcoming. On arriving we were offered tea /coffee in the lounge area and had chance to relax in the lounge - which was nice and overlooking the fields!. June helped by suggesting a good place to walk in the local area.
The room (Number 3 I think) was spacious and very comfortable being nicest b&b/guesthouse we have stayed in.
Breakfast was very nice and cooked to order with local bacon/sausages etc and good choice of cereal/fruit. One of the best parts of stay :).

Location is close to the small town so plenty of choice for places to eat in the evening and also if you want a good walk out in the country.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We received a very warm welcome from June and Eugene. Our room and ensuite were lovely with a wonderful large very comfortable.bed. Breakfast at New Hall is delicious with all local produce and even homemade organic bread for our toast. We finished our coffee after breakfast in the lounge with panoramic views across the countryside whilst June advised us on day trips out and gave us directions to follow. Nothing was too much trouble for June and Eugene and their added little extras, like a chocolate bar or cake in your room for an afternoon snack was lovely. We will definitely return to New Hall next year along with friends who are also keen to stay here and sample the lovely 4 day break that we had.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 16 in Llanwrtyd Wells
Cerdyn Villa B&B
Cerdyn Villa B&B
#9 of 16 in Llanwrtyd Wells

Been to New Hall Guest House? Share your experiences!