“Clean, comfortable, convenient, welcoming and good value.”
Review of The Trout Inn

The Trout Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llanwrtyd Wells
The Trout Inn
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed for a few days a couple of months ago. It was, above all, excellent value, with friendly, helpful and welcoming hosts. My room was spotlessly clean, with en-suite bath and shower for relief after several long days cycling in the Cambrian Mountains. Food was perfectly adequate for a hungry cyclist. An honest pub with a warm welcome and good rooms. The best value around.

Room Tip: The rooms are comprehensively described on the pub's website. I chose Room 2, which at £35 b&...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Customer Service 0
Sarcasm 10.
Food 0

Disgracful way to treat & talk to customers in the way the couple do. If I had not already paid at the bar for the so called home made food, that was burnt & warm, I would have walked out.
However after a long haul drive I did not have the energy to complain !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Called in at this pub/bed and breakfast last night for a meal. The meal was great and very fresh and hot. Have seen previous comments but we can only speak as we find. The gent behind the bar was very friendly, his wife does the cooking and they are both lovely people. Not expensive to eat there.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Inn with rooms. Handy for nearby garage and shop. I was a lone angler and was charged a single rate for a double room/en-suite.

Friendly proprietors. Clean room. Good value food. Great packed lunch with flask fill-up. Set me up for a good day's fishing on the Upper Wye.

Not the Ritz but so was the price - all very good value. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room at the back - although road noise was not a problem for me.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Popped in for dinner with some friends. From the limited choice of starters (prawn cocktail, soup & garlic mushrooms) 2 had the prawns and me and a friend had the mushrooms. The prawns were ok looking but the mushrooms were absolutely vile. Tasted like canned mushrooms cooked in vinegar or gone off butter. Couldn't even taste the mushroom. Despite the fact that me and my friend had barely touched them they were taken away without comment. 3 people had the steak which in all fairness was cooked according to their order. 1 ordered peas but it came with salad instead. I had the seafood selection which was barely average. For 4 people, 2 courses each, 6 alcoholic drinks and 2 soft drinks it came to just under £80 which to me felt like a rip off. The review would have been terrible were it not for the positive feedback on the steak. Won't be returning.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2013

What a relief to find the Trout Inn after a challenging day riding across the cambrian mountains, excellent food and drink and a very warm welcome despite our muddy and wet exteriors. The hospitably we received was exceptional and made us feel very comfortable indeed.
In our hour of need the over generous and kind owner offered to drive us back to our vans (miles away in Ryhader) what can I say - Top chap, Top pub!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The Trout Inn was a very welcome site after a bunch of nearly broken bikers heading off the hills on a dark, wet and snowy winters night. The owner/barman was very welcoming, and friendly going considerably beyond the call of duty and out of his way to act as taxi (taking a lot of his time) to take some members of the party 30km up the road to collect our van. A heater was provided for the three of us who were lucky enough to stay behind, not only to dry our selves out but some of out gear as well. Hot tea and chocolate were the order of the day as well as a few well earned locally brewed pints.

The Inn was semi busy with local land owners enjoying a Saturday an ale or two!! The bar staff tried to help accommodate our plan on recovering a broken bike by hiring/asking the local farmer to use their tractor the next day to recover our broken bike.

All in all a very friendly welcoming family run Inn. Well worth a visit if passing by or planning a route around the local area. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends