“Always very pleasant”
Review of Neuadd Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llanwrtyd Wells
Neuadd Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Llanwrtyd Wells
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for 5 star luxury, this isn't for you. If you're looking for comfortable, honest accommodation with a great breakfast, lovely restaurant and vibrant bar, then I recommend. Llanwrtyd Wells is a lovely town, and this hotel is at the heart of the community. Not all the rooms have showers, but personally it made a nice change to have a bath! Other than that, rooms are clean, fresh and comfortable. The staff are pleasant, the prices very fair, and I am not just happy to stay here any time, but happy to recommend it, too. Five star luxury it ain't. But it doesn't pretend to be. But a comfortable, friendly hotel with atmosphere it certainly is

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We called in for a lunch while staying locally. It was recommended to us but we were warned that although the decor wasn't first class the food was good. Both true. The whole pub did look as if it needed decorating. The waitress however was friendly & the menu with several specials on the board was interesting. We went for the lamb & leek hotpot which was delicious. When it came to the desserts there was nothing on the menu suitable for me as I'm diabetic, but when I enquired the chef made me a fruit dessert with bananas & strawberries. All in all an enjoyable & reasonably priced meal. We would return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have just returned from a week here whilst touring south wales. The hotel itself is old world and a bit tired but the staff food and beer more than make up for that and made the stay very enjoyable and we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here last week in a single room while wanting to experience a few of the onsite brewed beers. The owners are friendly and the beer good.. but my room and onsuite bathroom was a terrible let down.. from a door that felt like it was going to fall off, the bed / carpet and décor looking like it was as old as me, from the 1970's.. The bed / mattress I found out to be very uncomfortable, more like sleeping in a hammock.

The bathroom was no different and had it's own story to tell.. as it had been set in the very low eves of the roof, old 70's carpet on the floor and would you believe it a 10 x 4 beam running right above the toilet! no room between my head and the beam while sat down, and making for a difficult operation while standing up.
There was only a old bath that didn't seem that clean to me, no shower, so I had my first bath in a good few years.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
17  Thank JerseyBoy75
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed locally for the week, last day stopped in for lunch and a pint after 6 mike walk. Very welcoming and lovely, old style pub. Food excellent, especially the ham, egg and chips. Loads of local ales and awards from CAMRA. Nice fire and real locals feel

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for four nights and had an excellent stay. Food and the beer were excellent, the locals (mostly) friendly, just the usual in Wales, quite happily speaking in English until they hear
an English accent then revert to Welsh! The staff (and the dogs!) made us very welcome and couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were somewhat eccentric as indeed were some of the local sporting events! The scenery was wonderful, and providing you are prepared to join in and accept the hotel as it is, would thoughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have showers, so if you are a shower person like me, be advised.