Neuadd Arms Hotel
US$146
Belle Vue Hotel(Llanwrtyd Wells)
US$91
US$88
Orbitz.com
The Lake Country House & Spa(Llangammarch Wells)
US$270
US$202
Bronfelin Holiday Cottage(Llanwrtyd Wells)
TripAdvisor
Ty Carreg(Llanwrtyd Wells)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Cedars Guest House(Builth Wells)
Hotels.com
Hotel Commodore(Llandrindod Wells)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsneuadd armscurrieswalking weekendannual beer festivalcakesan excellent selectionspecials boardold fashionedowners and staffthe publog firewarm welcomepacked lunchcambrian mountainsmid walesbrewerybeers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Absolutely appalling. Was booked into the hotel for 3 nights due to business at the Royal Welsh Showground (accommodation not booked by myself). Although this was a last minute booking and there was only the one room available, this room should never have been booked out to a customer. Single en-suite with bath (no shower). Bath had dirt in it, room stunk of smoke (ash-tray in room), cigarette burns all over the room, numerous hairs on the mattress, dirt all over the room and to top it all off, a crack at least a cm wide running down the whole length of the wall. When this area of the wall was touched, plaster fell out of it.
Went back to reception and informed them about the room. When asked my room number, I told them Room 5 and the response was 'ahh yes'. Then when I mentioned the bath the response was 'ah the drains must be coming up through the plughole again'. It was very obvious they knew there were big issues with this room.

No other rooms available and seemed to be nothing else nearby due to a major event at the Royal Welsh Showground, I had to drive home (100 miles) then back again early the next morning. Due to me being so exhausted from the drive home and there being nowhere available for the next 2 nights, I had to cancel work (self-employed) and ended up losing money. I would not have accepted the job without accommodation. - THIS ROOM SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN BOOKED OUT TO A CUSTOMER. No real apology from the reception staff/manager or offer to help try to find alternative accommodation.

Room Tip: "Do not stay in Room 5"
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
21  Thank Helen W
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a great hotel! If you're used to large, chain-hotels in cities or high-end boutique places, then I'm sure you'd say that the rooms are very basic. But, this little town is great, the hotel is great, full of character and friendly staff. Leave pretention at the door and enjoy good food, good beer and good prices. Even better atmosphere when town events are running! Last night's meal was a hearty Gammon, Chips, Onion Rings, Mushrooms, Egg AND Pineapple (that's right - both!), all for about £11:00. Tonight's meal was grilled Salmon, Rice and Salad for £10 and it was delicious. Relax and just enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room out of the way if you want to be sure it will be quiet - not that noise was a problem, just a few creaky floor boards outside etc.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian J
Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a contrast following our visit to a adjacent hotel the night before, the Neuydd was welcoming and pleasent, we calked for an early evening meal and were ushered into the main restaurant, the specials board listed a virarity of tasty good options and the main menu was well balanced and well priced. The staff were pleasent and attentive and went out of their way to assist and were funny and proffesional which was refreshing, our order was taken and arrived without delay and was tasty and well presented,with good sized portions, we ordered deserts but I found nothing to suit my taste,the staff member enquired as to what I would like and quikly offered me sorbet which was not on the menu but very much yo my liking. Thank you Neuydd for putting the customer first, would and have already recommended this little treasure to colleagues and friends , alike well done!.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for 5 star luxury, this isn't for you. If you're looking for comfortable, honest accommodation with a great breakfast, lovely restaurant and vibrant bar, then I recommend. Llanwrtyd Wells is a lovely town, and this hotel is at the heart of the community. Not all the rooms have showers, but personally it made a nice change to have a bath! Other than that, rooms are clean, fresh and comfortable. The staff are pleasant, the prices very fair, and I am not just happy to stay here any time, but happy to recommend it, too. Five star luxury it ain't. But it doesn't pretend to be. But a comfortable, friendly hotel with atmosphere it certainly is

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We called in for a lunch while staying locally. It was recommended to us but we were warned that although the decor wasn't first class the food was good. Both true. The whole pub did look as if it needed decorating. The waitress however was friendly & the menu with several specials on the board was interesting. We went for the lamb & leek hotpot which was delicious. When it came to the desserts there was nothing on the menu suitable for me as I'm diabetic, but when I enquired the chef made me a fruit dessert with bananas & strawberries. All in all an enjoyable & reasonably priced meal. We would return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple