We stayed here for two nights with a Buyagift Voucher which was a Christmas present from our kids. We were checked in by the chef and owner Mary and stayed in the Chapel Room which had a very comfortable bed and was of an adequate size for a couple of nights stay. Our voucher included dinner on the first night which we were able to choose from the a la carte menu and the food was excellent. I started with the pea mousse with Carmarthen ham and my husband had the smoked eel then we both chose the rump of lamb which was perfectly cooked and very tasty. We enjoyed the meal so much we booked their gourmet menu for the following evening which included 4 courses together with wine pairings - what a treat it was too! We started with wild mushrooms on brioche and this was followed by fillet of beef, excellently cooked and presented, then goats cheese and finally a melt in the mouth chocolate fondant. All the wines were chosen to complement each course and served by Mary's husband Alan. We only had the full breakfast on one morning as we had to leave early to attend a funeral but Mary kindly arranged for some toast and coffee to be laid on for us very early on our last morning.
To sum up, it is an excellent restaurant with comfortable ensuite rooms run by a very charming couple and we have already recommended it to a relative who is a foodie!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well appointed restaurant with rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Carlton Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Riverside Hotel Llanwrtyd Wells
- Carlton Riverside Llanwrtyd Wells, UK - Wales