“Fantastic break, fabulous food and great atmosphere”
Review of Belle Vue Hotel

Belle Vue Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Llanwrtyd Wells
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have just returned from the Belle Vue Hotel after taking my Mom away for a couple of nights. As she isn't in the best of health, it was important that the room was warm enough and I'm happy to report it was toasty warm.

The owners were extremely helpful, the home cooked food was fabulous, plentiful and great value. This is a real pub with real atmosphere, we loved it.

The current owners have owned the Belle Vue for the last year and you can tell they are putting heart and soul into it.

My only complaint is that the 'rapper' from the previous review wasn't in the bar, I was really looking forward to it! Better luck next time maybe.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sally_lynch

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped of here for a meal and drink. What a mistake. Food was ok but we had a white (wanna be black) piss head trying to rapp. I make better sounds on the bog. Shame could be a nice place if they gott rid of the idiots

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Keith5757
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Although the hotel is a little tired looking, it's great value and the staff are very helpful. We stayed for one night and the room was clean and pleasant. The breakfast was very good. The only down side was the noise at closing time (its a pub as well).

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We thought this B&B was fantastic value. The room was immaculate and the shower piping hot. The food was also good; we ate there in the evening and that was good value with 2 meals for £15 and the breakfast kept us going all day - there was a good choice of cereal, pastries, fruit and cooked breakfasts. The accommodation is next to the pub which we were pleased to see is a proper pub and not a trendy, 'heritage' painted, gastro bar! The locals were really friendly and there was plenty of banter - I haven't laughed so much in a very long time.

Llanwrtyd is apparently the smallest town in Great Britain, but with a couple of pubs and a Spar there was everything there that we needed. It hosts the World Bog Snorkelling competition and other Alternative Games, so it's worth checking to see what's on before you go. We also noticed plenty of signs for activity centres and riding stables, so it would be a great base for an active holiday and perfect for keen walkers. It is also within easy reach of Builth - we stayed here because we were going to a dog show the next day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013

2 of us stayed here as we were working close by. All staff we encountered were friendly and very helpful. My room was nice, clean, the bed was comfortable, but I had a water pipe in the corner that made noise constantly. In the morning my shower was only slightly warm.

We ate in the restaurant twice - dinner, starters were nice but steak for main was inedible, it was definitely off. Vegetatable lasagne was nice. Breakfast the next morning was ok. A selection of cereal, toast, crossiants, hot food cooked to order, tea, coffee and juice. Would have liked filter coffee as opposed to instant.

Location was good for us, approx 3 miles from our worksite.

Overall this hotel was ok for us, our company paid for the accommodation and the food. I probably wouldn't stay here if I was paying myself.

Overall good friendly service though.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Group of twelve freinds from Bedworth Warwickshire stayed at the Belle Vue. The staff and owners could not do enough to please all in the group. The food was first class and well presented. The rooms were warm and comfortable, very clean and easy to relax in. The location is excellent for short walks or for the more energetic the hills are calling. I have no hesitationn in recommending this Hotel and venue to anyone . Our group thank the owners and staff for excellent and memorable weekend away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank george d
Reviewed 15 March 2013

People would not believe this is my favourite local. Why, because I live 30 miles away the other end of the 'devils staircase'. The reason this is my favourite 'local' is because on every occassion that I have been there the satisfaction has been the same. The barman/owner is very friendly and helpful as are all of the staff and also the local customers. There is the good atmosphere of a well run pub/hotel and the selection/ availability of meals is very good as is the service. I have not used the hotel side of this establishment but the pub side is a very pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone. The whole point of a pub is enjoyment and this place has the formulae just right. As I have said about some other places when the staff are willing everything else falls into place.Well Done.!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 16 in Llanwrtyd Wells
Cerdyn Villa B&B
Cerdyn Villa B&B
#9 of 16 in Llanwrtyd Wells

Been to Belle Vue Hotel? Share your experiences!