“Plasnewydd”

Plasnewydd Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I and several friends have stayed at Plasnewydd on numerous occasions whilst indulging in sports and cultural weekends in Llanwrtyd. The accommodation is very comfortable, good value, the location is spot on and Mrs Allen is very friendly and helpful and certainly makes us feel extremely welcome. The breakfasts are great. Overall excellent rating from all of us hence our repeat business extending back some 10 years.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank matthew_dare

Reviewed 26 September 2008

Loved the friendlyness and warmth of the B&B, the room was excellent and beaurifully decorated, bathroom facilities with shower was excellent, plenty hot water. Breakfast was first class, choices was numerous and freshly cooked. Loved our chatty host, Shirley was very welcoming. As I am a keen gardener myself her garden was beautiful, gave me some tips for mine, pity I did not see it when in full bloom.

The village itself was very friendly and met some of the locals.

The only thing I missed was not having a TV in the room as an early riser I liked to watch early morning news. But overall it was perfect.

Many thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank kneen0
Reviewed 27 July 2008

My husband first stayed at Plasnewydd Bed & Breakfast in March whilst on a cycling weekend with his friends. All five of them had a wonderful time and came back raving about the cycling, the scenary and Shirley's B&B. On this basis we returned in July to be very warmly welcomed by Shirley and Norman, which was wonderful as we 'd had a long drive and arrived quite late in the evening. Our room was extremley comfortable and clean and the breakfast laid on by Shirley was fantastic. Shirley has managed the near impossible for a B&B, which is that you really do feel at home - especially when enjoying the cosy guest lounge while watching a film from their DVD library. Nothing is too much trouble. Shirley has lots of useful tips and pointers about where to go and what to see locally, which is lovely and adds that extra personal touch to your stay, This really is a beautiful part of the country and one that all should experience. Get your hiking boots, bikes, bog snorkel and pony ride bookings sorted and go and experience the great outdoors!
Stuart & Julia, Kent.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBrown101
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys! This is one of the most beautiful places to stay and visit in Wales. Clean Fresh Air, Incredible scenery & Mountains, Natural Sulphur Wells and wonderfully friendly people. This place has the title for being the smallest town in Britain too. I had stayed here as a child many years ago and was not disappointed at all when I recently returned years later with my own Son.

We stayed in a B & B called “Plasnewydd” and the owners Norman & Shirley provided us with fantastic accommodation and wonderful home cooking including home made Welsh Cakes and Bara Brith which were heavenly. They were so very friendly and made us feel completely welcome. They also both had a vast knowledge about the area. Staying there was so relaxing and peaceful. One of the best nights sleep I have had in ages.

We had a wonderful time trekking on horses up on the mountains. Our guides and horses were from Ffos Farm Trekking Stables which is only 5 minutes walk from centre of the Village of Llanwrtyd Wells. What an incredible experience for my son and I, just the two of us and two guides taking us. You can’t experience it any other way.

The local pubs were also very welcoming and friendly. They all had great atmosphere, were child friendly and served great food. You have just got to give this place a try!

2  Thank MissyPHereford
Reviewed 17 May 2008

I had one of the best holidays to be had at this b&b. Shirley Allen the owner made me right at home from the start. Nothing was to much trouble for her, all you had to do was ask .All i can say is thanks and I will see you next year.

Dai.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TRECBOY
Reviewed 14 April 2008

I booked late, and was welcomed by Shirley like an old friend. I was upgraded without asking and the room was very pleasant. Warm and quiet. Nothing was too much trouble and as I had an early start on a mountain bike marathon an early brakfast was no problem. The breakfast was excellant and the table setting faultless. I will definitely stay here again.
Tom Pooley

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank MTBHampshireUK
Reviewed 12 April 2008

Plasnewydd Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful place to stay, and is highly recommended. When we arrived, Shirley made sure we were all settled into our room and provided us with a morning breakfast menu. The selection for breakfast was excellent, and each of our breakfasts were tailor made to our requests. It was delicious!

The room was beautiful and comfortable. There was every amenity available and we were quite at home. The tea with welsh cakes, travelers guides, and good recommendations for things to do and places to eat were tremendously helpful. There was absolutely not one single thing missing or unpleasant about our stay. We plan to return again for another mini-break soon.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple