“s**t”

Ranked #13 of 24 Restaurants in Builth Wells
Description: The postal code is LD2 3RD
Description: The postal code is LD2 3RD
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Unusually, a pub that seems to think it's there for the benefit of the staff, not the clientele. Staff more interested in each other than the customer!

2  Thank Mid_walesWelshman

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hard to get away from the TV here - they even have screens on the beer pumps. Really basic fast food menu, albeit at very cheap prices. Shouldn't really have ended up there but it was a Sunday night and we needed food and there's not that much choice in Builth. Beer wasn't that great either.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I ordered a home cooked lasagne, when it arrived it was lukewarm inside so I sent it back to be reheated. It looked a bit overdone when returned to me and by the time I was halfway through it it has started to dry up.( Food that has been microwaved continues to cook for a couple of minutes afterwards) The topping went tough like leather and I couldn't eat it so the lovely cheesy topping was wasted. I waited for the waitress to clear the table so I could tell her but we we just left staring at dirty plates. Twice she came to the door looked and went back....I think she was waiting 'til we went. We gave up and left disgusted with the service .Oh yes and my side salad consisted of a few strands of lettuce , 2 strands of onion 1 piece of cucumber cut in to 2 and NO tomato. I didn't like to complain about it as I had already sent my lasagne back and didn't want to look like a "complainer" . I would never go back !

7  Thank tess1955
Reviewed 25 July 2013

It has been a while since we visited this place so thought we would give it another go. News staff but think it is the same owners?
It may be show week but they were not busy as it was lunchtime but the welcome was a disgrace, foul mouthed staff swearing at customers they hopefully knew, the food was re heated, the children were made very unwelcome and all this after it took more than half an hour to actually serve the food to us. That will teach us for giving them a second chnace, Won't be going here again in a hurry!

8  Thank GarmischP
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Visited The Fountain today for a light lunch and a round of drinks. I understand it is Royal Welsh week, this is the only reason we were here. On ordering at the bar the service was extremely poor with the bar staff showing an obvious attitude they didn't want to be there. Waited over an hour for our food, the order was lost! The place wasn't even busy. Now I understand why!! They even lost the order of the customer who ordered in front of me! Once we queried where our order was it arrived within 10 minutes with one incorrect meal and the other missing. On top of this more than one meal was not up to its description. Received a simple sorry from the staff and on our complaint they weren't interested. This place is a no go!

3  Thank Bwcio