“Visit to builth wells ”

The Strand
Ranked #11 of 25 Restaurants in Builth Wells
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped here as had read the reviews
The women who took the order was a very miserable person and didn't smile or make any effort to make us feel welcome
Ordered pie and cottage pie
Both came and were ok but very hot
Felt the place seemed grubby all the sauce pots needed a wipe etc
Only when leaving did she bother to interact
Felt

1  Thank Sqib

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stopped here for lunch on basis of TA reviews and a rough guide mention. Whilst tea is indeed plentiful, that's the only positive. I ordered beef stew, my husband a steak pie. Both arrived looking identical, with a puff pastry "lid" (with stew?) that had never seen the pie until serving. taste was average, but the vegetables were as bad as I've had for decades (or since my elderly relatives stopped cooking). Peas and carrots overcooked into oblivion: soft and horrible tasting. This was an unwelcome blast from the past. I can only hope it was an off day and that other TA reviewers have fared better. On our trip back from North Wales to Somerset we stopped in Llandrindod Wells instead!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

The food was very tasty and good value the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you, small seating area just outside in a very pleasant cobbled no car street. Ample seating inside even our dog was made to feel welcome and staff gave him so water.

3  Thank steven w
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We visited this little café in Builth for a hot drink and a possible snack. My mother in law suggested that I tried Wimberries. I was told they were like blueberries but smaller & sweeter. When the pie arrived all I can say was that they were delicious. The Strand is a small tea room. It is very clean and very popular not only with the people of Builth but also visitors alike. The service was very good and the staff were very cheerful and welcoming.
Just the place to visit if you fancy a rest in a friendly environment.
Definitely will go go again if we are in Builth.

2  Thank tinker1962
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Afternoon tea for five was no problem for the staff of this small tea room with very friendly staff. The food was great and the tea was plentiful with offers of top ups. Not obvious in location, but not difficult to find. The tea room was full, but not crowded. Very nice indeed.

1  Thank 7tno8