“Fantastic Hotel”

Caer Beris Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Builth Wells
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just returned from a lovely night at the Caer Beris Manor Hotel. Everything lived up to expectations of the good reviews that I had read prior to booking.

Really helpful,friendly staff,good food and beautiful gardens to explore. Both rooms booked were comfortable and nicely decorated. There were lovely views of the garden from the conservatory windows while we ate our meals and dogs are made welcome. Our spaniel had a great time too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KAREN B

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A huge and heartfelt thank you to Peter and his wonderful team for making our special day absolutely perfect. My partner and I celebrated our Civil Partnership at Caer Beris on Sunday (25th May 2014) and spent a wonderful 48 hours at this hidden jewel of a hotel in the company of family and close friends.

The staff could not have done more for us and all of the detail that we had meticulously planned with them over the preceding months was followed to the letter thanks to events coordinator, Dafydd, ably assisted by Claire and Bethan.

Despite the pouring rain, nothing could have dampened our mood as we felt that the hotel was a real home from home in the lead up to the big day with wonderful touches such as the sublime afternoon tea with its glorious home made scones and to-die-for vanilla cream that we enjoyed on Saturday.

Sunday was the most magical day with our ceremony held in the Gallery underneath the hotel with the beautiful gardens providing a backdrop so sublime it was breathtaking. Specially created 'Pink Lady' cocktails and photos followed and then we went upstairs into the Irfon Suite for our wedding breakfast.

We cannot praise Madeleine and the whole kitchen team highly enough for the incredible food that we were treated to. It was beyond delicious and again every detail was to our specification including the trio of desserts which we had created with Madeleine in the months leading up to the ceremony. The compliments we received were outstanding and our guests felt that they had been treated to something really special.

The catering team, the events team, the waitresses, cleaners and housekeepers are all unique people dedicated to making your stay as perfect as it can be. They certainly made our day the most incredible day ever and we cannot thank them enough. I would recommend Caer Beris as a 5 star location at which to hold your special event and am looking forward to spending our first anniversary - and hopefully many more - at this truly inspirational hotel. Thank you all.

Room Tip: The Swansea Suite is spectacular with real 'old world charm' and a view of the gardens and r...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Marnelle250514
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed on business but the hotel had a few families in May as it was half term. I wouldn't recommend it for children personally but they seemed to be enjoying themselves. The room I was given was room seven which met my needs but it is small and you have to run the hot water tap for about 20 minutes before the hot water arrives so if the hotel are hoping to save on their water bill they will have to re think the hot water pipe routes. The food is very good and good value.

Room Tip: Try to get a better room than room 7
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank thehoffWirral
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For our 40th Wedding Anniversary we were treated to a stay at the Cae Beris Manor. It was a Monday evening in April and I had wondered if it would be busy. It was full, well done the Owners for coming up with this deal, it really worked. In Builth Wells earlier in the day the Owner of an Interior Design Shop told us that Business for them had increased because of the number of persons staying at the Hotel. Fancy that!!! On arrival (with our Jack Russell Paddy) we were shown around by the Owners. They were proud of the Hotel and that showed. It was old world charm and extremely welcoming. We rested then wallked some of the extensive grounds by the river. Then the main event, our meal was superb with a nice range of fish and meat dishes prepared for us. I loved everything and what my Wife Angela didn't want, came my way. I had ordered a bottle of Italian red which was magnificent. We took Coffee in the Lounge, then I had a large whiskey. As a Fisherman I enjoyed chatting to the owner at the bar, another fisherman!!!! Thank you for our wonderful stay and letting Paddy chase some Squirrels around the field. A large party of other guests who were Horse Riding across Wales agreed this was a brilliant venue with first class food. Thank you, we will be back soon!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Caer Beris Manor is a stunning hotel from the outside. The grounds are superb with one of the finest displays of rhododendrons i have ever seen. We stayed there on a Living Social deal which was excellent value for money. The staff were lovely nothing too much trouble. I liked the little touches, the bowl of fruit and the dish little cakes in reception. We were on the two night deal which included the 7 course tasting menu. Considering what we were paying this was great value and I did enjoy it but as someone with a kitchen background it was nothing special but would certainly impress most people. however the 3 course bistro menu the following night was great.Our room was clean and spacious however the bed was a bit lumpy and the quilt far too warm for the time of year
Having been on numerous Living Social and Groupon breaks this is up there among the best

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tuffles2016
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I visited Caer Beris in April for one night, which included their 7 course taster menu. The meal itself was wonderful especially the frozen cappuccino which I still haven't managed to find a recipe for! The room was good and whilst the bathroom looked great, it was more style than substance. There were silly things wrong such as the water not going into the sink properly (designer yes, but functional, not really) and not being able to turn the shower taps with soapy hands because they were so smooth. Oh and those little bottles, I couldn't get the shampoo out. As I say, silly little things. But we do admire what they are trying to do at this hotel. I believe it was in disrepair for a very long time before the current owners took it on. They are doing a fantastic job and returning it back to its former glory which it so thoroughly deserves. I think it has the potential to be something special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeonaR778
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here recently after receiving a voucher for Christmas – it was for a one-night stay with breakfast and a 7-course taster menu.

We arrived when the UK was battling horrendous flooding and the hotel was suffering a power cut (along with the rest of the town). Unfortunately, the power was on and off throughout the whole day and when we went down for our dinner at 7pm (by candles set up along the stairs and corridors) we were told food wasn’t going to be served.

We were very disappointed but we decided to have a couple of G&Ts (they have a great selection) and a barman was handing out free wine to all the guests in the candlelit lounge/ bar area. By 9pm the power came back on (hurrah!) and the restaurant pulled off a great feat by serving around 30-40 hungry guests a 7-course taster menu in one sitting! And the quality did not suffer for it – the food was delicious and it was beautiful in the wood-clad dining room. Great wine list too.

The hotel itself is a beautiful building set in stunning grounds. If the weather had been nicer I would have loved a morning walk around the gardens and over the footbridge.

The room was very nice, only complaint was our window was leaking and staff had put a towel under it to try to absorb the water – it was drenched, as was the windowsill. However, I imagine the building is listed so they probably cannot alter the windows...?

The staff were excellent – very friendly and extremely knowledgeable with regards to the food and wine. Oh and breakfast – delicious! Best I’ve had in a long time.

I would definitely return and pay full price for the stay and food – I won’t go into the food here but it was of a particularly high standard. What could have been a total washout of a trip turned into a gourmet break we’ll remember, particularly down to ALL the staff who stayed in high spirits throughout the power cut.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Llanhamlach
Hotel Commodore
Hotel Commodore
#3 of 3 in Llandrindod Wells

Been to Caer Beris Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!