“maybe small but functional, great for short breaks”
other travellers have booked this property
The Courtyard Entrance and BBQ
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
The Courtyard
Entrance and BBQ
Accommodation centrally heated with maple floor
Bedroom configured as double bed with optional 3rd bunk bed
Crickhowell Bridge 50m from River Cottage
Seating area
Sunset from Sugarloaf mountain
Shower room
Fully equipped kitchen
Belfast sink ideal for preparing your salmon!
Shower room
Bedroom configured as bunks for 2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
andrew t
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“maybe small but functional, great for short breaks”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

went for long weekend, took our dog with us and this place was great. did the table mountain walk on the Saturday and the views outstanding. will research more walks in the area and will go back soon. only suggestion would probably be a small tv would be great addition to the property.

Liked least: leaving early
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Michelle...
Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom
“Unable to shower or use toilet due to flooding!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

River Cottage Crickhowell
Duration booked 18th August 2014 to 25th August 2014
We were thrilled with the booking initially as the location was ideal, but, unfortunately we were unable to stay for the seven nights due to the lack of facilities within the cottage. River cottage is very, very small but well designed and we thought perfect for our break. The shower only ran with cold water so was extremely uncomfortable to use and the toilet flooded on flushing.
As I had booked for myself, two teenagers and 2 dogs we found it unacceptable to walk around in the flooded bathroom and kitchen area. We only stayed until 10 am Friday 22nd August as everyone needed a warm shower. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact the owner by both email and mobile phone to request a refund for the days we lost.

281Amrik
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“A nice break away from busy life”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

This cottage was for myself and 2 friends. The location was beautiful, the view was outstanding and the weather was divine!

This place is extremely small, which I really enjoyed as it gave a sense of enclosure and safety. Me and my friends really grew a greater bond as we were in close proximity. However, if you're one looking for somewhere you can lounge about THIS ISNT FOR YOU.

It's a great place to come back to after a busy day out in Wales. The BBQ is brilliant too and comes with all the things you'll need, as In coal and fire lighters. I really enjoyed it and so will you.

NatyP9
Prague, Czech Republic
“The worst customer service I have ever seen”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

It seems as if the owner doesn't really care about the state of the property as long as it brings him some money. We arrived on Friday evening and had some trouble finding it. The map was completely wrong but with the help of natives we managed to find it. Upon arrival we have discovered that even though we have booked accomodation for 3 there was only and bedding for 2, the third mattress wasn't even there! (See pictures). I have called the owner who claimed that he received a reservation only for 2. He apologised for the trouble but he wasn't able to provide the third mattress/bedding because the cleaning lady has already left and he lives far away. He told me that he would try to solve the problem the next day. However when we arrived the next evening the mattress was still missing. Later, when I connected to the internet I have discovered that he had sent me an !!!EMAIL!!!! That I can buy some !!!AIR MATTRESS!!! if I need and that he will pay for it after our stay is over. You can imagine that I had no desire to go looking for air matress on saturday evening/sunday. So we suffered another two nights before our stay was finally over. The double bed has two mattresses which are bigger than the bed itself so you are falling down whichever way you try to sleep.
The location is really good and if the owner cared a bit about the property it'd be cute little place to stay. The kitchen is relatively well equipped but some of the utensils are in a very bad shape - see pics. The sitting area outside would be perfect if there was any light outside.
The shower is good with plenty of hot water, but the toilet is leaking and if you flush more than once you'll soon have the water flowing into the kitchen.
All in all if you want a stress free get away book somewhere else.

Liked least: mattress, bedding
Friends getaway
Management Response
17 Aug 2014
When I received a call regarding the missing mattress I said that I was under the impression that you had booked for 2 not 3 guests. Rather than argue about this I apologised and suggested that as I was in London and my cleaner would not be in a position to return a mattress until Monday and that the only course of action available would be to "purchase whatever bedding you required and I would redeem the costs" You said you "would be allright" and I heard no further word from you. I don't think this demonstrates I am just concerned about "bringing me some money" What else could anyone do under the circumstances?
You may like to know that the £15 per person per night you paid would be unlikely to pay for a pitch on a camp site.
Furthermore the directions to the cottage are perfect, as demonstrated by not a single guest ever telling me they were wrong.
The bed is a double - you clearly did not pull it out fully. I did not feel it necessary to give a detailed instruction guide of how to pull out a single bunk into a double bunk. Maybe a review of this is required. However no previous guests have ever found this a problem as it says the single pulls out to form a double on the website.
Regarding outdoor lighting, my confirmation email to you after booking also informed you of our "pretty courtyard lighting" and even directed you to a switch by the microwave in order to switch the lights on.
Your pictures of my old yet clean and perfectly normal copper bottomed pans are also unlikely to upset anyone as most people know that pans do darken and tarnish with use. You say you are teenagers in your category..... so assume you know little about customer service or life for that matter so try to get out a little more and worry a little less.
Good luck
DPOMfamil...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Small but functional, better for 2 than for 3 people”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I stayed with my 2 young children for 2 nights. We had a problem with the beds. The double was 2 mattresses put together but they overhung the bed so it wasnt very stable. The top bunk had an airbed which deflated during the night so we couldnt sleep on it. The airbed was also quite high (when inflated) so was difficult to get on due to the headroom. There is no top rail on the bunk either so not ideal for kids. The bunks would have been much better for 2 adults.
However, that aside, the accommodation was easy to find and well equipped. It could have done with a bit of a better clean as it looked like there were pet hairs on the floor.
The owners were not about during our stay and therefore could not respond to our problems. All communication before hand with them was good so I expect some of this would have been sorted had they had the chance.
Easy to find and in a great situation. Quiet at night. Parking a bit tight but we managed.

Liked least: the beds

picture1T...
tredegar
“Excellent little cottage”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Stayed 3 nights in River cottage and had a great time. Cottage is very small but has everything you need (bed, seating area, fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower and a lovely little 'sun trap' courtyard. Close to the town centre, but then again Crickhowell isn't very big anyway. There is a large park for dog walkers just over the road and also a pub opposite with a beer garden overlooking the river. We had one problem while there which was the central heating wasn't on to dry clothes so we phoned the owner and he had it turned on within 10 minutes (the boiler is in the main cottage) so full marks for efficiency!! All in all a great little place in a lovely location and we will be staying here again at some point.

Liked least: nothing
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing