“"Superior Indian cuisine"”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I had a take away from here and had a King Prawn Rogan Josh because I usually really like them but the one from here is watery. It tastes like it was made with sharwoods curry paste and the prawns were tough. Honestly very disappointed as I had high hopes for the Red Indigo but turns out it's better to travel 7 miles to abergavenny to get a nice Indian.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Being a local I waited a long time for this restaurant to open especially has I had been reliably informed that its Flagship restaurant in Hay was good.I have thought hard and long about writing this but decided that I need to due to the poor experience and quality of food that I have received .

I personally have found the food very tasteless and watery and following a complaint the restaurant kindly offered me a replacement meal the following week.This was no different and I found it to be exactly the same, watery and tasteless, C.T.Massala, Jalfrezi and Korma.

Last week friends visiting decided that they would like Indian and I rather reluctantly obtained food for 10 people which was worse than the two previous meals, I have had enough and will now travel eight miles to get delicious food from Brynmawr.

All the food that I have purchased have been takeaways, I cannot immagine the sit down being any better due to the fact that it would have to be the same chef .I for one will not be using this Restaurant again.

1  Thank Tenkadri
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our first time visiting The Red but not disappointed. This was my local many years ago but it went down hill when acquired by a national Welsh Brewery Company. It is not a drinking establishment but turned into an high class small Indian Restruant. The food is of a very good quality and well presented. Friendly staff but not over powering. Value for money up there with the best local places around the area.Please keep up the great standard and quality you provided tonight 27/12/2013. If you do success will be there for you. Thanks and will see you soon BA, Keith & Gavin.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We just had lunch there and it was fabulous! Food quality was excellent and service lacked nothing. Will be going back for dinner soon. So glad to have a lovely Indian restaurant in Crickhowell.

1  Thank JudyRhead
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We'd been watching the what seemed like the snail pace progress of the refurbishment for at least and year and were pleased to see it was finally open. We booked a table for a Friday night and were given a table on the first floor. Unfortunately as the restaurant was busy and the acoustics dreadful you had to shout across the table to have a conversation. The furniture appears to have been designed by a first year architecture student and is very minimalist and uncomfortable. The service was really attentive and very good but unfortunately the food was really average and unexciting. It also appeared that artificial colouring had been used to excess and some of the dishes.

1  Thank SugarloafView