“Pleasantly surprised...”

Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pleasantly surprised...”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

After reading the previous reviews we visited with trepidation. However we really enjoyed our meal and the place is really well decorated. Great service and on a par with some of the better Indians back home in Yorkshire. Will revisit and would recommend.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Wales
“An Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Visited this restaurant with friends twice in March 2014. Each time everyone tried different food. The service is great, the food even better. I will eat here whenever I'm in the area.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sanfidele
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Better than average. Pretty good food but a bit pricey. Reliable place to eat. Newly refurbished. Not special but perfectly acceptable.

Visited December 2013
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“"Superior Indian cuisine"”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I had a take away from here and had a King Prawn Rogan Josh because I usually really like them but the one from here is watery. It tastes like it was made with sharwoods curry paste and the prawns were tough. Honestly very disappointed as I had high hopes for the Red Indigo but turns out it's better to travel 7 miles to abergavenny to get a nice Indian.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Being a local I waited a long time for this restaurant to open especially has I had been reliably informed that its Flagship restaurant in Hay was good.I have thought hard and long about writing this but decided that I need to due to the poor experience and quality of food that I have received .

I personally have found the food very tasteless and watery and following a complaint the restaurant kindly offered me a replacement meal the following week.This was no different and I found it to be exactly the same, watery and tasteless, C.T.Massala, Jalfrezi and Korma.

Last week friends visiting decided that they would like Indian and I rather reluctantly obtained food for 10 people which was worse than the two previous meals, I have had enough and will now travel eight miles to get delicious food from Brynmawr.

All the food that I have purchased have been takeaways, I cannot immagine the sit down being any better due to the fact that it would have to be the same chef .I for one will not be using this Restaurant again.

• Visited January 2014