US$444
The Kestrel Inn(Crickhowell)
The Horseshoe Inn(Llangattock)
The Neuadd Cottages(Crickhowell)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomgroupon dealstunning viewslovely hotelbrecon beaconsafternoon teafunction roomfood was lovelyenjoyable staylounge areastayed here for one nightcooked breakfastcomfortable roomfour poster bedshort breakbed and breakfast
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Two night break during half term. Booked this at short notice direct with the hotel rather than via a booking site and went for the "Great Escape" deal. This gives a 3 course meal for 2 for an extra £25 per night plus afternoon tea. Hotel sits on a hill just outside of Crickhowell. Great views of the valley and the hills opposite as well as the highest peak, Pen y fan. We took the view from the lounge as we were having afternoon tea on the Thursday. Lovely.
Plenty of parking outside the hotel entrance. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful as were all the staff we dealt with during our stay. Room was number 21 at the rear so no view of the valley. Clean, tidy and in a good state of repair. Dinner on both nights was from the "seasonal menu" which was limited but we found items worth choosing. The salted beef (and the pumpkin soup) starter was tasty as was the apple crumble. The food was of good quality and the service on both nights was very good.Breakfast was also of good quality and the waitress very attentive.
There are cosy leather armchairs next to the fireplace in the bar as well as a larger lounge area with comfy seats.
Have stayed at a few hotels in this area and this is one of the best, overall better than the Bear in Crickhowell I would reckon
There is plenty of seating outside the hotel although we didnt use it due to the weather.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Lovely building, well decorated with superb views over the countryside.
Went for afternoon tea which was adequate but little details made the experience less than perfect.
Friendly welcoming service, but not so efficient on the serving - they forgot plates and cutlery to eat cakes with and teapot's lid did not shut. Also only teabags and basic cakes, although the scones were delicious. The Angel, Abergavenny has beautiful crockery and cakes in comparison.
There was a tea dance next door which you paid extra for but looked like fun.
A smashing place to visit with comfortable sofas and a huge cat but don't expect fantastic food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Went to a wedding in September, wedding was lovely, although check in a bit chaos. Food for wedding was lovely although very small portions. Booked room for night, sleepless night due to generator outside window.

Room Tip: Avoid room 9.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked the hotel because of location and views, as well as its country appeal. I was after a relaxing weekend on route to work in the area, the spa was also an added attraction.
On arrival I was we'll looked after and impressed with the hotel, when I got to my room I was a little dissapointed to find a very nice room but the view was of the bushes at the back of the hotel. I asked for a move but the hotel was full, I have to say I then got a little moody, only to realise it was in fact my fault , I should have checked what room I had booked, the hotel did a kindly move me to a room with a spectacular view for my second night, they did not have to do this.

I have read reviews about the poor fabric of the hotel, well I found it really comfortable and relaxing with great staff,wine and food.

If anything is a bit tired it is the spa, but this said I'd all works perfectly and is very clean,the spa manager was very helpful. All in all a really nice relaxing time. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you want good views chose a best room or suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

From walking into the hotel, to checking out my stay was a dream, the staff, food and hospitality where second to none, well worth a stay. The gym could do with being a little bigger but that did not detract from my work out. The outstanding view from the front of the hotel is worth coming to see even if you don't stay in the hotel. My room was clean and well laid out, I wanted for nothing. All round a good place to rest my head after a long day at work.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo