The Bear Hotel(Crickhowell)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$112
US$108
Hotels.com
Park Place Guest House(Llangattock)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$98
The Horseshoe Inn(Llangattock)
US$124
The Kestrel Inn(Crickhowell)
The Neuadd Cottages(Crickhowell)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomgroupon dealstunning viewslovely hotelbrecon beaconsafternoon teafunction roomfood was lovelyenjoyable staylounge areastayed here for one nightcooked breakfastcomfortable roomfour poster bedshort breakbed and breakfast
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was my second visit to The Manor but with the other visit being a few years ago I couldn't recall much about it. The Manor, as the name suggests, was a former local Manor House and can claim to having been home to Sir George Everest after whom the mountain was named.

I was greeted in a friendly manner by the receptionist and easily found my room. This isn't what you would call a modern hotel and the room had a comfy feel to it. It was good enough for me but for the second time in a couple of weeks it was a hotel without an electric shaver socket. Good job I had a adaptor plug.

The next part of my stay was pre-dinner drinks. This hotel goes up in the ratings by having 2 real ales on offer with one being a favourite - Felin Foel. A pint set me up nicely for the excellent dinner; well cooked and presented, served and a pleasure to eat. We retreated to the bar for a few more drinks where we were well looked after by the barman.

Breakfast was also a treat as it was freshly cooked rather than a Buffett. Lunch was sandwiches and fries - more excellent food and service.

All in all, a very good stay and recommended for a visit for the food alone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken F
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I didn't stay overnight, my friend and I visited to use the pool and jacuzzi. The pool and changing rooms desperately needs refurbishment . The jacuzzi was cold.. no heat at all, we were not advised about this on arrival.
We won't be returning again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just enjoyed a weekend stay at The Manor in Crickhowell. Very comfortable rooms, loads of lovely hot water. Very friendly helpful service both on front desk and restaurant staff. Delicious dinner and very generous portions. The Full Cream Tea was amazing - generous sandwiches, fresh scones and 3 types of cake all for under £10! There is a pool and well equipped gym too. The atmosphere at this hotel is so friendly and inviting that I have already booked 2 further trips! Good value for money, clean, warm and great food! An excellent base for exploring the Brecon Beacons with fantastic walking direct from the hotel

Room Tip: Great views from some rooms - ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bristol_Mum545
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Lovely meal on a Saturday in the Manor restaurant. Food was very good. Tried the chicken supreme and the sea bass. Very relaxed and lovely surroundings despite the weather. Service was excellent throughout.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Our dog, Buffy, myself, daughter and husband had an overnight stay here after visiting family in Wales. Very friendly reception led to time swimming with our daughter. Our dog felt very welcomed, even at dinner when she was given a water bowl and was able to be off her lead whilst we ate a gloriously divine meal. We would recommend the lamb for mains, and the duck for starters! Amazing. The room was large and everyone got a good sleep before the fantastic brekkie!

Room Tip: family room in the corner gave us a great view of the hills and valley - sunny and inviting in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family