Free cancellation until 21/07
The Kestrel Inn(Crickhowell)
The Horseshoe Inn(Llangattock)
The Neuadd Cottages(Crickhowell)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomgroupon dealstunning viewslovely hotelbrecon beaconsafternoon teafunction roomfood was lovelyenjoyable staylounge areastayed here for one nightcooked breakfastcomfortable roomfour poster bedshort breakbed and breakfast
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Great view from my corner room in the hotel. Excellent facilities with a pleasant restaurant. Hotel had a pleasant restaurant with a good selection of food. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Massive bed in my room. The only criticism I would have is that the shower took a while to get hot.

Room Tip: My room was on a corner and gave you a great view over the mountains. Snow on them in the morning set me up for the day.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NigelTaylor
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We recently had a birthday lunch for my grandmother at The Manor Hotel on a Thursday afternoon and had a lengthy wait for our table even though it didn't appear to be very busy. The staff were very polite and helpful but unfortunately the food was disappointing. The black digestive tract had not been removed from any of the prawns in my tempura battered king prawn starter. My mother's pork loin main course was dry and the sauce was so salty she had to leave it. My duck main course was overcooked and the sauce was also very salty. The Hotel is in a great location and the staff are very pleasant so it's a real shame that our food was such a letdown on a special occasion.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jaylou777
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our first visit to The Manor Hotel for their New Year's Eve Party
A very friendly welcome at reception, (indeed the staff that we spoke with of Dan, Leanne, Lisa were excellent), and a credit to their employers.
The hotel is family owned and the staff are encouraged to talk to their guests when able which just added to the 'homely' vibe of the place.
As other reviewers have commented the surroundings are warm and beautifully decorated for the festive season.
We stayed in Room 15 which was very pleasant and nicely decorated with a nice, large comfortable bed.
The shower wasn't the best but I believe that is being rectified as I write this with a new boiler.
I would also make the point that the Spa changing facilities were small and tired and would definitely benefit from a complete refurbishment !
However the Jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms were very good and again these facilities were managed by an excellent staff member.
The New Year's Eve Party was held in the function room which again was beautifully decorated and added to a really good party atmosphere.
The meal was very tasty and the service excellent.
The DJ played an assortment of music which satisfied quite a cross section of ages and filled the dance floor from the off.
At midnight there was champagne to toast the NY in and a very good firework display.
All in all an excellent night's fun and entertainment.
The breakfast the following morning, (with hangover), was again very tasty and enjoyable again aided and abetted by very friendly service.
Overall I would rate this hotel and experience as excellent and we shall definitely book again.
Thank you from us both for an excellent stay and very enjoyable night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Will_X_Brit
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Booked our Christmas Party here mid week, well where do I start: a very freindly welcome at reception even though our party was smaller than expected, lovely surroundings warm and welcoming,
Shown into function room beautifully decorated was lush, excellent service and the food fab very tasty,it;s a pity there wa not more people there as they missed a fab night as everyone was slow to dance and this made the atmosphere a bit slow to take off.Tribute act to Robbie was very good very slick and professional shame not more there to appreciate him A Very good night all around would definately book again......Well done!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was my second visit to The Manor but with the other visit being a few years ago I couldn't recall much about it. The Manor, as the name suggests, was a former local Manor House and can claim to having been home to Sir George Everest after whom the mountain was named.

I was greeted in a friendly manner by the receptionist and easily found my room. This isn't what you would call a modern hotel and the room had a comfy feel to it. It was good enough for me but for the second time in a couple of weeks it was a hotel without an electric shaver socket. Good job I had a adaptor plug.

The next part of my stay was pre-dinner drinks. This hotel goes up in the ratings by having 2 real ales on offer with one being a favourite - Felin Foel. A pint set me up nicely for the excellent dinner; well cooked and presented, served and a pleasure to eat. We retreated to the bar for a few more drinks where we were well looked after by the barman.

Breakfast was also a treat as it was freshly cooked rather than a Buffett. Lunch was sandwiches and fries - more excellent food and service.

All in all, a very good stay and recommended for a visit for the food alone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business