My partner and I were looking for a little getaway in this rural location with access to local bike hire for a day trip and came across this little gem, £55 for a night. we arrived and were greeted warmly by Pedro who upgraded our room for no cost and was more than willing to help with our enquiries; when he learned of our need for bicycles informed Nigel (the owner?) who immediately set off to fetch his own 2 bikes, with no cost for us as they were considering setting up a hire scheme in the summer. Nigel couldn't do enough for us and when it came to dinner he sent us 2 glasses of champagne. lovely. the meal in the restaurant was of very high standard and for the quality was good value for money. the atmosphere was warm and the staff were attentive. The room itself was clean and warm and the bathroom was generously sized. very comfortable nights sleep. breakfast was also very nice with again friendly and attentive staff.
I can thougherly recommend and vouch for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Character 18th C Hotel, very popular with guests who enjoy a quiet traditional hotel and a relaxed informal atmosphere. The hotel is a family-run establishment which prides itself on a warm and friendly welcome. Good position in centre of picturesque Crickhowell on the river Usk. Situated at the heart of the Brecon Beacons, The Dragon Inn is the ideal place for walkers or anybody who enjoys the outdoors. Magnificent walks available from right outside our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Dragon Inn Crickhowell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dragon Inn Crickhowell Hotel Crickhowell
- Dragon Inn Crickhowell Wales