This was our first holiday experience of Wales, right on our own doorstep and, until now, sadly ignored. But what an introduction! From the moment we arrived all staff members were welcoming, attentive and seemed to genuinely care about the guest. Pedro was our first point of contact and he was a mine of information from walking tours advice to how to put a bit more top-spin on my back-hand lob - he took care of the tennis reservations!
However, all the team deserve a mention and I took every name. However, I now see no point in naming everyone as they were all great, absolutely no weak links in the chain. The restaurant (whether breakfast or evening meal) was beyond criticism - superb, fresh food cooked with enthusiasm and care, served with courtesy and charm.
Our only small negatives concerned the bathroom; the shower was sadly lacking in power and occasionally the flow was so weak that it could not even manage to climb the riser pipe and exit the shower head. Even when it did, it was not much more than a trickle, maybe a reluctant flow. Secondly (and this was a totally new experience), there was no mirror in the bathroom - how to shave was a major challenge. I reported both shortcomings and would hope that they are dealt with as it is sometimes the smaller gripes that grow into serious annoyances.
I will finish on a positive, however, as that is my overall view towards the Dragon Inn. We would definitely recommend this hotel to visitors of this area and we will certainly return so that we can make greater inroads into the excellent restaurant menu. Well done one and all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Character 18th C Hotel, very popular with guests who enjoy a quiet traditional hotel and a relaxed informal atmosphere. The hotel is a family-run establishment which prides itself on a warm and friendly welcome. Good position in centre of picturesque Crickhowell on the river Usk. Situated at the heart of the Brecon Beacons, The Dragon Inn is the ideal place for walkers or anybody who enjoys the outdoors. Magnificent walks available from right outside our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Dragon Inn Crickhowell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dragon Inn Crickhowell Hotel Crickhowell
- Dragon Inn Crickhowell Wales