“Average Dining”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Steinbach, Canada
“Average Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I am pleased that there is a place to get sushi in Steinbach, but I would like to see an improvement in the decor and cleanliness. The pictures on the walls were crooked, the table had "wipe marks" (streaks) from the cloth that had been rushed over it after the last cleaning, the menus were extremely worn out and our waitress, who left before we were finished dining, never came back to check on us after bringing our food. The sushi was average (well above supermarket sushi quality). The price was fair. A few minor improvements would go a long way in helping to create a more pleasant dining experience. I wish them a successful future.

• Visited February 2014

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Best Sushi EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I love this place always get my sushi from here and it is the best I have ever had and I eat sushi often so if you love to eat sushi this is the place to go yum yum.

• Visited November 2013
Canada
“Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

What else can I say, this place makes great sushi and the lunch specials are perfect. Also there wonton soup is amazing!

Visited October 2012
“Awesome sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

I love to go for sushi 2-3x a week. I find that I love going to this sushi Resturant 1-2of those times.
There foods are fresh and I can be full on one roll yup you Hurd that right one roll.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Cute little place with good sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I'm no sushi connoisseur, but I have enjoyed eating here on many occasions, and have never been disappointed by the food. It is always tasty and high quality. As a plus, the presentation of the entire restaurant is quite good, considering it's size and price point. Prices are low for a sushi restaurant (although it is the only one in town), but you still receive standard portions with good presentation, in a cozy, well-decorated setting.

The restaurant is licensed, so you can enjoy some sake or other appropriate alcoholic beverages. Service is friendly and not pushy, but the staff is still getting to know English, so you may encounter some difficulty in communication. My only real complaint with Sushi Garden is that I (and perhaps I'm really an exception, who's to say?) like to drink coffee with my sushi, and the coffee here is quite poor. It's mediocre coffee, served with coffee-mate instead of cream, and can be a real disappointment. Definitely pass on the coffee if you're someone like me.

Overall, and excellent place for sushi, and definitely the best foreign/cultural dining experience in town.

• Visited February 2012