“A must go place.”

Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you've been to Steinbach you've probably gone here. I've met people whose only memory of being here is this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am not Mennonite, so I'm not big on their Mennonite dishes, but everything I have ordered there has been amazing! Their multigrain bread is fantastic, and as a result, so are all of their sandwiches. Breakfast is flawless. Their iced tea is incredible. But what really sets this place apart is their service. The waiting staff are all friendly and warm. The owner is usually walking around, making sure everyone is happy. He's actually come over to our table, to make sure that I'd ordered my bacon crispy (I had) and that it hadn't been a mistake made in the kitchen. I thought this was exceptional service...I don't think I've ever seen anyone take so much pride in the food they serve.

If you aren't into Mennonite food, you may want to avoid the Kilke or other Mennonite dishes..I find them very bland, but that's no fault of the restaurant's. For those of us who didn't grow up on that stuff, it just isn't as good.

1  Thank sweetalto13
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Homemade shredded hashbrowns (NOT out of a box), eggs always exactly to order, homemade jam, great toast selection, and the best waffles with white sauce and fruit assortment ...it doesn't get much better than this for breakfast!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Probly the best place in Steinbach to eat, great service, priced right. very good atmosphere, best food in town.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great experience! For those who love home cooking, and especially Mennonite Style, you will love this place. It tastes like mom used to make it! The prices are very good also. It's small and quaint, but very friendly and satisfying.