“Nowhere I'd rather be”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court
Ranked #3 of 16 Wasaga Beach B&B and Inns
“Nowhere I'd rather be”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The cottages here are a family tradition, we come up for a week every year for a week in August. I'm usually a city girl, who likes to stay home and spend time with my friend in Toronto, HOWEVER, I am more than happy to give that up for a week to spend time up here. The owner is constantly upgrading the quality of various things (furniture, decorations, etc)
She is EXTREMELY personable and likes to get to know her regulars and first time stayers alike. She looks out for everyone, and as mentioned in a previous review, does have various signs up as a safety precaution so that this can be a family place and parents don't have to worry constantly about watching that their chilren aren't in the pool, drowning, or being pushed around by older kids in the park.
Before renting cottages here my family and I had stayed in the motel rooms which are very nice and well kept. The owner is always around to help if you need something. GREAT place to stay

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LeanneMarie1890

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We have stayed in many places in Wasaga beach over the past 6 years and this is by far the best! The rooms and cottages are immaculately clean, well equipped and the sheets smelled so wonderful! Only a 5 minute leisurely walk to the beach, and a beautiful heated salt walter pool for the days the beach is too cold/rough and a great safe playground for kids too. A bonus is that you are only a 3 minute walk from a 24 hour convenience store. A gorgeous property and the owners Iwona and Graham are so friendly and helpful all of the time. Highly recommended, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anmor35
Reviewed 13 June 2011

It takes a certain personality to be in the service industry. I was a landlord for over 20 years and I must have been a tedious so-and-so. The properties I leased were my own - I lived there, too - and as much as it was sometimes rough to bear the parties, repair the damage, and pick up after tenants, it must've been far worse to have the landlord living next door.

I suppose turnabout is fair play....

This is a nice little place - a run-of-the-mill motel, then half a dozen housekeeping "cottages", plus a couple of two-story "condos", two units of three bedrooms each, all nestled in a large and shady compound mere minutes from wherever you think you need to be. Very convenient.

Family-owned and operated it would appear, and it has everything for a pleasant stay: there's a solar-heated salt-water pool (Pool Hours: 11am-8pm, Bathers must take a Shower, No Food on the Deck, No Drinks on the deck, Wash Your Feet, No swimmers under 16 unless accompanied by an adult, Emergency Phone located under the picnic shelter - there were at least 8 signs plastered to the pool gate), 15 low-quality but functional BBQs set up & operable, for anyone to use ("you cannot move the BBQ!!"), a sandy playspace for the little ones (No One Over 12 Years Old, No One over 85 pounds, Anyone Under 5 years old MUST be accompanied by an adult - more signs), a slightly lopsided ping pong table if that inspires you - all in a leafy and fenced acre or two, close to anything you'd want and with a comforting amount of wear and tear. You will feel at home.

If Her Ladyship wasn't so over-bearing it would be Paradise on a Budget.

Nothing escapes her gaze, everything deserves a comment, or usually a warning - "don't get my carpet wet!!!" (when leaving the pool to go change) - "don't forget check out is 11am" (when merely walking about the place) - "park straighter next time" (when unloading my car), I could go on.

She also was nice enough to empty my garbage while I was away with the family one day, but also took separately stowed empty cans and bottles (beer and wine and otherwise) from their boxes and cases (worth $0.10 each) and insists she was doing me a favour.

Look, I'm a generally nice guy, and pretty easy to get along with - my kids are good as gold, quiet and polite, and we were all in bed before 10 pm every night. But Jeez Louise, it was like living at home with my Mom again in Grade 7. And, since neither my Mom nor this Landlady could be everywhere at once, the solution is to put a warning or reminder or a rule on a sign every 10 feet. I swear - there were signs EVERYWHERE. It was freaky!

Look up "Micro-Manager" in Webster's and you will see her picture. Eyes in the back of her head, watching your every move. The only thing that detracted from our experience.

Motel average, value average - it ain't the Oberoi, but it'll do.

"....Sign Sign everywhere a sign,
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind,
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign......."

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JayCl
Reviewed 17 August 2010

What a charming, clean place - everything you could want and more - 5 minute walk to bach - lovely salt water pool - thank God no chlorine!!! - a/c in all accomodation, tv, internet.. and the owners - they couldn't do enough for the guests - it is well kept and well run - will be returning again and again

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This little gem was quite a surprise! We were expecting a "seedy little motel", but this place is far from it. We were very happy with everything...super clean, all the amenities one could need in a motel room and very close proximity to everything in Wasaga. Although the salt-water pool is small, it is also spotlessly clean along with the deck and seating area. We will certainly go back again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
#11 of 16 in Wasaga Beach
Travelodge Wasaga Beach
Travelodge Wasaga Beach
#14 of 16 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Mermaid Motel & Cottage Court? Share your experiences!