“Excellent Pad Thai!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened in 2010. Postal Code = L9Z 2C9
Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you like it a bit spicy just ask... amazing food! The restaurant is basic and nothing fancy but the food is outstanding!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've been coming to this place several times a year since it opened and have not been disappointed. The prices are reasonable, service friendly, and food comes pretty quickly. It is popular for takeaway and everytime I have been there there are always people getting take away. The food is not overpoweringly spicy as I find in Thailand but the flavors and mild heat (you can get is stronger I've sure but I have small kids) are well adjusted for the western palate.

There are the usual Thai items on the menu plus a few I have rarely seen elsewhere. The menu is broad and well suited for a variety of tastes. Last time we had Pad Thai, a sea food curry, chicken curry, and chicken with pineapple I think it was. We've also had several beef dishes, dishes with cashews and chicken, and duck curry. We haven't been disappointed. If we weren't moving across the province, we could continue to be customers.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We tried Katmanis for the first time. We walked in and found the decor to be sparse and somewhat eclectic. We were the only ones in the restaurant and there was no music playing, which made it somewhat odd and uncomfortable. We were wondering how this place stayed in business. This is clearly a small family business with two ladies acting as chef and waitress, with an older gentlemen acting as Asher and phone order taker. They seemed to do a fair bit of takeout from call-ins based on what we saw while sitting and watching.

Tip: when you're done, just go to cashier for the bill and to pay. The waitress will not give you the bill. We sat wondering if she'd give us the bill and she finally said if you're done, just go to cashier. A bit odd not to be given the bill to pay with waitress or cashier, but that's there style.

We ordered Won Ton soup and Thai spring rolls as appetizers. Both were very good and served quickly. I liked the Won Ton dumplings filled with chicken. A good start.

We ordered the Thai spicy noodles with chicken (similar to a pad Thai dish but spicier) and Thai chicken curry plus steamed rice. The spicy noodles were presented in a cute fish shaped bowl. It was very good and we ate it all up! The Thai chicken curry was different than I expected but tasty. It had lots of green beans, corn, cucumber and some chicken in a spicy broth. I was expecting a more thick curry such as you'd get with a red or yellow curry at a pub or Thai restaurant.it was still enjoyable and I'm sure healthier than a coconut based thicker curry.

So overall I'd say the food was quite good. Ambience not so much. We'll probably give it another try, so I'd say you should as well. If they don't get a bit more business, I suspect they won't be long for Wasaga Beach.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Unbelievably good Thai food! My husband and I were both really impressed with the freshness and quality of the ingredients, amazing taste, and friendly staff. We had the spring rolls (homemade - not frozen - and really, really good), Crab Rangoon (delicious), Pad Thai (exceptional) and Emerald Curry (amazing). The Emerald Curry was as good as the curries we had in Thailand. We'll definitely be back! So happy food this good is available in Wasaga Beach.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Very authentic Thai food. They have a great lunch menu with very reasonable priced combos. A lot for your money and good taste too.

1  Thank Lori C