“Excellant experience”

Ranked #14 of 67 Restaurants in Wasaga Beach
Price range: US$13 - US$34
Cuisines: Seafood, Portuguese, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Barcelos original Steak and Seafood Restaurant in Wasaga Beach. Open all year round, with an 80 seat patio in the summer for your dinning pleasure
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
“Excellant experience”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

While visiting Wasaga Beach, we found this wonderful little place. Away from the beach crowd it offer a great ambience with fantastic food. The spicy flamed chorizo sausage was excellent, as was the chicken. The service, by Natacha, was first class. After the meal, the owner, Nelson, walk around the tables visiting his guests adding a personal touch to the experience. The meal was a bit pricy, but that is to be expected when away from the Beach's pub fare.

• Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Rude service, ridiculous "split-plate" fee”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

You're not welcome in this restaurant if you want to share a plate for two people. They charge ridiculous $8 "split-plate fee"!!! I'm sorry but $8 for just bringing you a 2nd set of utensils and one extra plate? And when approached about this, the owner tells you that the reason for the fee is because "you take space" (that's on an almost empty patio at 4pm!). Food was delicious but the service is extremely rude.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Maxim Y
Toronto, Canada
“Wasaga Beach answer to the Keg”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Smaller inside than I expected from the outside appearences. Food was of Keg quality...we had their lobster tail and steak special. Meat and lobster was cooked to perfection. The veggies left a lot to be desired. One baby potatoe cut into four thumbnail size pieces and a sliver of a roasted red pepper.
We opted not to try deserts expect to pay $10.
The dinner special came to $96...about $10 less than their regular price for same meal.
I would go back ... but not a resturant to take young kids too.

• Visited July 2013
Barrie
“Wonder people:)”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Beautiful night for a ride:) Our wonderful friends recommended this cozy little place in Wasaga Beach.. the place is clean with a wonderful Mediterranean feel.....the oyster Rockefeller loaded with mouth-watering flavour..with a little hot spice at the end....the only thing was they were stone cold..such a shame really:( The seafood Bisk was good....I would highly recommend the squid salad-tender and juicy. The main course was exceptional-- Wild Boar---amazing...I would definitely order this dish again….Thumbs up on this one……………..

Our overall experience was good..The only thing I would suggest is efficient faster service. It took way too long to get appetisers etc. At the end we had to ask for the bill.. There were only 2 couples in the dining room and the other couple had pasta..I asked the wife if she would order this again…sorry no..needs more spice.. although the husband said it was good. I tried to encourage her to tell Nelson..When you tell people they can only improve…Correct…. So Nelson I thank you and your wife for being so friendly and good food..

• Visited June 2013
“Perfect Seafood, Sizzling Steaks, and Lovely Owners and Staff”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I went to Barcelos with my family for my birthday dinner. The decor inside is lovely but the food is really where it counts. I had the Seafood Cataplana with Shrimp, Squid, Lobster and Crab. My parent ps had the Prime Rib special and the 500 Degree Granite rock sizzling Steak... All awesome, fresh, perfectly cooked and seasoned meals.

After dinner the servers brought out a dessert for my birthday with out any of us asking. Then we moved to the bar where the owners bought us each a glass of port and we chatted for a while. I could not imagine a better birthday experience and will definitely be back... And soon!

Visited May 2013