“Great place... Tony's great”

Villa Nova Motel Resort
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We've been here more than 5 times. We go each year and everytime has been enjoyable. You get a fair quality for a fair price. The rooms are clean and you are 5 steps from the main strip. Tony has always welcomed us with open arms and does not hesitate to upgrade or give us a walk in rate (we go on off peak days to avoide the throngs of teenager partyers). I would not hesitate in suggesting Tonys Villa Nova to any friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kris S

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very conveniently located across Beach area. Modest but has everything you need, after all we did not come to watch TV or just sit in a room. You can always ask Tony for extras. Rooms are basic but comfortable. Spacious bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mymrozetka
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here this past Friday with my husband and another couple. We competed in the Wasaga Triathlon and it was perfectly located for that event. We are so excited about our find that we will be coming back often next summer for the beach! It's pretty much "on top" of Beach 1. I think the negative reviews on this site must have something to do with people not managing their expectations!!! This is a MOTEL. It was clean and the owners were so courteous and welcoming but it is no frills.

Tony, the owner (and his son I think), even cheered us on during the triathlon.

If you want a fun, clean, simple place to sleep while you hang out at the beach. Stay here!! Tony, the owner is a sweetheart.

Tips:
1. Some rooms facing the main road may be a little noisy at night.
2. Our room was not huge. Pack lightly or ask for one of the rooms with a common area.
3. There were enough towels for four adults to dry off and wash up after a very wet triathlon!! But bringing your own would help for the beach.
4. Embrace the quaint!! This is a humble motel in a beach town... lighten up people!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed here August long weekend.... cute motel steps away from the beach and main strip. Love the location and the owners our amazing! Would never stay anywhere else in Wasaga.

Thanks for the great stay Tony.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kassidy K
Reviewed 27 July 2013

this place was nice and clean, it smelled so fresh and "owners are very nice" , helpful for finding good restaurants to eat at, that did cost a lot and it was great food ... i would recommend it, close to the beach, to walk their ..
we liked the deck upstairs , and we liked that they made coffee first thing in the morning and it was free . we felt very welcomed.
i asked for another pillow and the housekeeper got to us no problems, she was very nice too .
i see some (poor ratings ) i really feel these others are wrong , to say poor .....
***my husband and i enjoyed our stay, and we are people that like to stay somewhere nice and will be back their again ,
A BIG THANK-YOU TO TONY ! and thank you to his wife ,,VERY NICE PEOPLE !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diannesch
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I am not sure what people are expecting for this. It is advertised as cottages/motels and that's precisely what it is. Allows you to experience the privacy and safety of cottaging while being a few steps from the beach and right on the main drag in wasaga beach. This is not the Marriott and is not advertised to be. The owners are simply INCREDIBLE, kind, helpful and always readily available... Yes you have to get off your [--] and walk 3 steps to the front office... But there is nothing Tony won't do for his customers. A gated and secure place where me and my family and friends spent our "girls weekend" safely and relaxed. Beautiful pool with river view that has never been anything but spotless... Amazing pool deck with basically endless sunning chairs, steps to the main clubs, liqueur store and all amenities. Tony does give limited necessities upon arrival but is always happy to give more upon request. I assume he likely has a lot of thefts of things like towels face cloths etc...and they are not a rich hotel, lovely mom and pop place...and the need to protect themselves and their business. We have never asked for anything and been turned away. As far as cobwebs etc .. Get real, it is cottaging not high end hotel living. Would and do, recommend Villa Nova to anyone looking to vacation comfortably with a family feel in Wasaga Beach.
All our love and appreciation to Tony and family!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed at the Villa Nova for 1 night with 2 other girls and we had an absolute great time. We all had just finished summer term exams and wanted to come to Wasaga for the beach, sun, and relaxation before Fall semester started up again and needed a place to stay for the night that was CLEAN, safe, and comfortable; Villa Nova was it and we were all so impressed!

I was pretty terrified to stay at the Villa Nova. I rely heavily on reviews on Tripadvisor for advice and research whenever I travel or go to a hotel, but I simply cannot believe the gem this place is! I really dont know what is going on with all these poor ratings but please dont let it stop you from staying here. We were right on the main strip and we could see the beach from our room!

There is also a pool at the back of the motel and it was great as well! Lots of beach chairs, and the pool and surrounding area was super clean and quiet.

I had to make multiple calls to speak with the owner Tony for various reasons and he could not have been more understanding and accommodating. Thanks so much for everything Tony!

My friends and I will most definitely stay at the Villa Nova again whenever we come back to Wasaga again and tell everyone to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 11 in Wasaga Beach
Wasaga Motel
Wasaga Motel
#3 of 11 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Villa Nova Motel Resort? Share your experiences!