“so relaxing! so beautiful!”
Review of Luau Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Luau Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
COLLINGWOOD
“so relaxing! so beautiful!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We took our 3 children with us this time and they had a wonderful time playing outside games and feeding the ducks, swimming in the pool and the beach - so much to do, so little time! We'll be back in August! Thanks Monique! you always look after us!

Room Tip: We like the two bedroom suites with queen beds - they are like being at home! beautifully decorated!
2 Thank looncabin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This was my first overnight stay in wasage and I was rather worried as there are no name brand hotels there. but this place was as my husband said "heaven". it has a cottagy feel . very relaxing . very clean. we had the 2 bedroom cottage with breath taking view of the river and the beautiful flowers that are hanging everywhere. very private. great housekeeping service. it is a great place for children they have a beautiful pool, badminton , croquet , ping pong. my 8 year old did not want to leave the resort to go to the beach it was so good. it is true they do not allow visitors to use the facilities but neither do other hotels that need key cards to get into their facilities. so no you cannot book a room and then invite all your extended family over but that is why it is so relaxing because only people who are registered can be there. there were rarely more than 5-6 people in the pool even when they were full up as the beach was right there. there were at least 3 other families with children and everyone seemed to have a good time. I should say that I was rather curious as to how good saga resort was if it was no 1 . I went there to check out the rooms and the property. it does not compare; it is more expensive (just) , no views, not so close to the beach, no landscaping and the motel room (the only one I was shown) was dark and dingy. I would highly recommend luau unless you like busy, loud hotels with drunken partying. it is great for families and couples.

Room Tip: I am a thorough researcher so I saw all the rooms for future stays best views for the living room a...
Burlington
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is a decent affordable hotel in an overpriced beach town. Clean, comfortable beds, nice washrooms, and beautiful grounds. Owners friendly and more than accommodating. Yeah they don't allow visitors - which given the small size of their facilities (in ground pool and bbq area) is understandable as this beach town can get a little crazy on the weekend with partying and drinking and I suspect they have had hozer problems in the past.
The hotel is just slightly away from the main drag - like maybe 1/4 of a mile at the most - but the huge and wide beach is easily accessible by crossing the road and heading down one of the many paths - after about a two minute walk you are at the beach. I usually provide pictures of the hotels we stay at but was a whirlwind tour - Overall yes this place isn't the Waldorf but is a nice place to hang your hat for a night or two.

Room Tip: If you have the time visit this hotel and location not on the weekend - we went on a Thursday night...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bofo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2012

BEWARE-- NOT FOR KIDS!!! NOT KID FREINDLY-There were no kids in the pool, Older Couples only. Maybe good for people in their 70's that have no Grandchildren--Cause if your grandchildren were in the area they are not allowed in! You will be watched everywhere you go!! I am a 44 year old woman travelling with my husband and two kids, planning a 2 night stay at over $200 a night at this Resort and Little that I knew when they said "No Guests ALLOWED" they meant "NO GUESTS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!" I thought they meant No Guest allowed meaning in our pool or sleep over, or maybe even stay to hang out for a day, not realizing or even comprehending that a VISITOR is not even allowed to step foot on the premises for a brief moment!! If they are they will be ATTACKED and you will be KICKED OUT!!!
My sister-in law and her son was not allowed in our room nor property for a brief moment--My poor nephew wanted to see our room and use the washroom before we head to the beach and instead they were rudely attacked by the owner and we were kicked out to leave the next day---Really after that treatment and feeling like we were in jail rather than holidays we were glad to leave---She said NO GUESTS ALLOWED not even to use the washrooms or wait to go together for dinner.--DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE AT A PLACE WERE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, I BET THERE'S CAMERA'S IN THE ROOM!!!! IT WAS NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE--TRUST ME, I SHOULD HAVE PAID CLOSER ATTENTION TO THE OTHER COMPLAINTS---Also, the beds were very tiny and uncomfortable and overall It was not worth the $$$$- Horrible Experience!!! Beware Not For KIDS!!!!!

5 Thank T D
COLLINGWOOD
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I had a relaxing stay at the Luau. It is so beautiful there - everything is so well looked after. We took a walk on the boardwalk across the road from our suite and enjoyed the gorgeous outdoors! Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank looncabin
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We discovered the Luau Resort last fall and we are pleased that we did, we stayed in a very romantic room with a king bed, fireplace and Jacuzzi, we returned twice during the winter and we are looking forward coming back this summer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My wife and I have been holidaying at the Luau Resort for several years and hence sort of befriendet the owners. That's something that would not have happened if the place was anything less than perfect, excellent amenities, beautiful decor, not to mention the flower arrangements, a clean heated swimming pool, parking etc..The well maintained
and supertly furnished rooms. All in all, we found the place very comfortable, clean, quiet , and the service is superb.
The Luau is a place I am very comfortable in recommending to friends and I have never
heard anything negative about them.
In my view," CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE" is somewhat an understatement.
We stayed there several times as a couple, with family and with friends.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 11 in Wasaga Beach
Villa Nova Motel Resort
Villa Nova Motel Resort
#5 of 11 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Luau Resort? Share your experiences!