“A beautiful summer stay ruined”
Review of Luau Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wasaga Beach
Luau Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Wasaga Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We just returned home to our upper middle class home in Ancaster On after a nightmare weekend at the luau
We had planned a long weekend (kid free) with friends travelling from Pennsylvania.
Upon arrival at the Luau my 45 year old Jewish husband had his first disheartening meeting with the "gistapo"
The elderly inn keeper was not happy that another couple had joined us. So the rate we were quoted all of a sudden went up!
That evening after a walk on the boardwalk we returned to our room placed 2 candles on our patio table and sat down to enjoy our friends and a glass or 2 of wine (and a piece of cake for my bday). We were watched all evening by the innkeeper making her rounds we were quiet and tidy and called it a night early 10:30ish. Once inside the smoke detector went off 2 times for no apparent reason (annoying )
We heard crying babies and loud noises most of the night but never complained.
The next morning a single 32 year old friend of ours whom happens to be an accomplished musician came for a visit and after a day at the beach decided to stay we were approached immediately by the inn keeper that she had to leave.....and right away.
Weird like we had been being watched since our arrival!
My husband and our guest decided to rent her a room to make our friend feel welcome and enjoy the beach with us.
Problem solved???? No way.....At 11pm that night after thinking we did the right thing so our friend was now a guest not a visitor we were approached rudely again this time by a very ridged and rude women saying party is over and your guest should return to her room. We were completely shocked. No chance to go inside no apologies for maybe laughing or having fun which was apparently not aloud. Just rudely told to go to bed and send our friend back to her own room alone for the night. I can not put into words how we felt. It was so humiliating and embarrassing to think you could be treated like this on vacation. We will not return and will tell everyone that we know of our experience. I would like to add my husband and I own 2 successful businesses and would never treat our members or clients like this under any circumstances. This year alone we have been on 8 trips all over the world and even in a third world country we have not experienced anything close to this horrendous treatment. Please please stay away. I wish i had time to go on about what else i saw happen to other guest. Just thought i should keep it to my experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
15  Thank jacqui c

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel. It is truly a resort Motel. It is clean, beds were very comfortable and the units nicely equipped. The pool is wonderful and there are lots of activities for kids, badminton, shuffle board, crochet fishing off the dock. My wife and 7 year old daughter loved the pool. We had a great time and Monique was a fantastic host. The staff is friendly and engaging. A real gem. We stayed in a two room suite and it was modern and very clean. The grounds are kept impeccable and is beautiful. Convenient location just walking distance to main town, Nice views of the river and the beach is just across the street a 3 minute walk. We will definitely be back. They do have a couple of nice well maintained docks for people with boats or jetski..

2  Thank denalio
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We took our 3 children with us this time and they had a wonderful time playing outside games and feeding the ducks, swimming in the pool and the beach - so much to do, so little time! We'll be back in August! Thanks Monique! you always look after us!

Room Tip: We like the two bedroom suites with queen beds - they are like being at home! beautifully decorated!
2  Thank looncabin
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This was my first overnight stay in wasage and I was rather worried as there are no name brand hotels there. but this place was as my husband said "heaven". it has a cottagy feel . very relaxing . very clean. we had the 2 bedroom cottage with breath taking view of the river and the beautiful flowers that are hanging everywhere. very private. great housekeeping service. it is a great place for children they have a beautiful pool, badminton , croquet , ping pong. my 8 year old did not want to leave the resort to go to the beach it was so good. it is true they do not allow visitors to use the facilities but neither do other hotels that need key cards to get into their facilities. so no you cannot book a room and then invite all your extended family over but that is why it is so relaxing because only people who are registered can be there. there were rarely more than 5-6 people in the pool even when they were full up as the beach was right there. there were at least 3 other families with children and everyone seemed to have a good time. I should say that I was rather curious as to how good saga resort was if it was no 1 . I went there to check out the rooms and the property. it does not compare; it is more expensive (just) , no views, not so close to the beach, no landscaping and the motel room (the only one I was shown) was dark and dingy. I would highly recommend luau unless you like busy, loud hotels with drunken partying. it is great for families and couples.

Room Tip: I am a thorough researcher so I saw all the rooms for future stays best views for the living room a...
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is a decent affordable hotel in an overpriced beach town. Clean, comfortable beds, nice washrooms, and beautiful grounds. Owners friendly and more than accommodating. Yeah they don't allow visitors - which given the small size of their facilities (in ground pool and bbq area) is understandable as this beach town can get a little crazy on the weekend with partying and drinking and I suspect they have had hozer problems in the past.
The hotel is just slightly away from the main drag - like maybe 1/4 of a mile at the most - but the huge and wide beach is easily accessible by crossing the road and heading down one of the many paths - after about a two minute walk you are at the beach. I usually provide pictures of the hotels we stay at but was a whirlwind tour - Overall yes this place isn't the Waldorf but is a nice place to hang your hat for a night or two.

Room Tip: If you have the time visit this hotel and location not on the weekend - we went on a Thursday night...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bofo
Reviewed 5 July 2012

BEWARE-- NOT FOR KIDS!!! NOT KID FREINDLY-There were no kids in the pool, Older Couples only. Maybe good for people in their 70's that have no Grandchildren--Cause if your grandchildren were in the area they are not allowed in! You will be watched everywhere you go!! I am a 44 year old woman travelling with my husband and two kids, planning a 2 night stay at over $200 a night at this Resort and Little that I knew when they said "No Guests ALLOWED" they meant "NO GUESTS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!" I thought they meant No Guest allowed meaning in our pool or sleep over, or maybe even stay to hang out for a day, not realizing or even comprehending that a VISITOR is not even allowed to step foot on the premises for a brief moment!! If they are they will be ATTACKED and you will be KICKED OUT!!!
My sister-in law and her son was not allowed in our room nor property for a brief moment--My poor nephew wanted to see our room and use the washroom before we head to the beach and instead they were rudely attacked by the owner and we were kicked out to leave the next day---Really after that treatment and feeling like we were in jail rather than holidays we were glad to leave---She said NO GUESTS ALLOWED not even to use the washrooms or wait to go together for dinner.--DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE AT A PLACE WERE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, I BET THERE'S CAMERA'S IN THE ROOM!!!! IT WAS NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE--TRUST ME, I SHOULD HAVE PAID CLOSER ATTENTION TO THE OTHER COMPLAINTS---Also, the beds were very tiny and uncomfortable and overall It was not worth the $$$$- Horrible Experience!!! Beware Not For KIDS!!!!!

5  Thank T D
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I had a relaxing stay at the Luau. It is so beautiful there - everything is so well looked after. We took a walk on the boardwalk across the road from our suite and enjoyed the gorgeous outdoors! Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
#4 of 11 in Wasaga Beach
Wasaga Motel
Wasaga Motel
#3 of 11 in Wasaga Beach

Been to Luau Resort? Share your experiences!