“Ok food, better beer”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Just finished our lunch, which was alright, we tried local Quebec food, poutine, local lamb burger, beer burger with micro beer and local cheese, spaghetti (which was not so good). The micro-brewed beer was very good. The restaurant is located on a beautiful street, we were sitting outside, very nice.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Food at this place was pretty good. Mussels lacked flavour a little. Lamb burger was tasty, but dry. Micro brews were delicious and plenty of beer selection. Right in the middle of town. Good price for what you get. Friendly, bilingual staff.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The prior reviewer is certainly right that it is possible to have a bad meal in Quebec, though one has to go out of the way to do so. Although we were seated promptly, I had to shoehorn myself into the chair as there was no room. When the waitress arrived, I inquired about their beer (obviously the centerpiece of the place). She was clueless (like someone at a winery who, when asked the same question, says "gee, red and white?"), and told me to look at the board, which was too far from the table to see, much less read. I settled for water.

My wife and I both ordered the beef burger, hers plain and mine with the "Jack Daniels" sauce that appeared on the menu. When the meals arrived, mine had only a thin paste of an avocado-colored, remarkably tasteless substance on the bottom. Texture is important to me in a meal, and I want the sense of ground meat. What I got appeared neither ground nor minced, but pureed and extruded (as in bologna). The outside was burned and the inside tasted like sawdust. The fries were greasy and what was described as cole slaw was really pickled cabbage. (I like both, but for heaven's sakes, get the right name). After a bite or two, I stopped eating.

Yet my meal was the better of the two. When my wife looked inside the bun of her "beef burger", it had a greenish cast and was sitting on what the waitress called a mushroom, but which looked more like congealed fat at the bottom of a turkey roasting pan. The "burger" turned out to be curried lamb. Her fries were just as greasy. She ate nothing.

Neither of us ate our meals (I had to chew peppermint gum to get the taste out of my mouth).

In short, the service was horrid and the food worse. The only thing good I can say is that the manager agreed (without much enthusiasm) that we would not be charged for anything.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Despite the reviews, I was optimistic. Brew pubs tend to make solid straight forward food. Not here. Usually if I am not crazy about a restaurant but the effort is not there I just won't review it. However our meal here was prepared and served with no pride at all. Just no excuse for that particularly in a region with some many great purveyors.
Have a beer if you must but do not even consider ordering food here.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

In the beautiful town of Baie-St-Paul in Québec Canada there is a bistrot that makes their own beer and the food is local. Good rapport quality-price. Most go