“Decent lunch”

Le Rustique Restaurant Terrasse
Ranked #24 of 44 Restaurants in Baie-St-Paul
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch one day after walking around town a little. Having vacationed in BSP for many years, we had never tried this place. The meal was decent, a small quiche and a side salad and the service was good. Nothing spectacular but somewhere worth stopping at for a quick bite.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

As vegetarians we are always on the lookout for a nice ambiance with a reasonable number of choices. We really enjoyed our dinner here. We love the local cheese and we got lots of it here, in the ravioli and on the pizza. The salad portions were generous and tasty, the frites were excellent, and we enjoyed trying out the Quebecois "fondue parmesan" for the first time. We sat out on the patio enjoying the view of the church across the street, as well as the friendly service and tasty food. We have some French but are not fluent, but the servers were understanding and helpful. Recommended.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I liked this restaurant. They had good vegetarian options and great beer from micro breweries. Very friendly and helpful service. I went two nights, as it was the only reasonably priced, not too fancy place that I could find in Baie. Saint Paul with vegetarian options. The second night I had pizza and fries which were fine, with a beer. The food is simple, but good. I would recommend this place for casual, relatively inexpensive food and drink. I do not think the recent negative ratings are justified. Some ability to speak French does help in this restaurant to ensure mutual comprehension.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stopped in at this place because jazz music was playing from outside and it was cold. It has a new name (Chez Pneault) and I gather they are in transition. The decor suggest bistro pub yet the table d'hote being offered suggests upscale. The meal was good, presentation was fabulous, the service was friendly, the price was very reasonable. If you can get past the mustard and ketchup packs in a bowl on the table and a view of the kitchen (granted I could have sat somewhere else) it is a good place to have a meal.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We came here on a quiet night hoping to have a great meal like we had previously last year. We were the only diners in the restaurant which made it rather awkward as we felt we were being watched by server as we ate. The server was friendly and attentive.( I would hope so being the only guests there) we ordered prix fix menu; onion soup, chicken and dessert. What a disappointment. We kept hearing the microwave buzzing and beeping in the background before being served each course and it was quite apparent that it wasn't fresh. The taste was below average. The chicken was rubbery and didn't taste right. Although it was the same menu as our last visit, the quality seemed to be lacking. Unfortunately I don't think we will be returning.