“Becoming a regular for me”
Review of Le Mouton Noir

Le Mouton Noir
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Baie-St-Paul
Price range: US$14 - US$31
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Quebec City
“Becoming a regular for me”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Been going there every June for 4 years now. Excellent table, good service. People make you very comfy. Most of the produce are from the area (terroir) and the food is treated with respect. The wine list is a little short to my likings, but it's a honest list. Very decent plates, you will not feel hungry when you walk out. It's just by the river and the scenery is beautiful.

• Visited June 2014

“our opinion, for what it's worth.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The restaurant came with so much fanfare and promise. In reading other reviews people said there was too much food. Well, the restaurant owner must have read those because they had to have cut back for our portions. The food was good, not great. It needed more spices for a bit more flavor. However, the food was better than the wine selection. They had a very limited choice of wines high end restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Too much food !”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Le Mouton noir was recommended to us...and it didn't disappoint us ! Great food, great service...so yummy !!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Maxcom14
Kingston, Canada
“Nice Ambience”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had the classic "Cocotte" and was a bit disappointed. First, it was grossly over-sized... it really would feed a small family. It needed some spicing up... My wife's steak was very good. We loved the atmosphere and the story of the place but I wouldn't put it at the top of a gastronomic scale.

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Nice apres ski dinner with family”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had a great dinner here during march break with my wife and 2 kids. The tartare was excellent as was all the appetizers. I was a little disappointed with my coquette. They claim it has won awards, but it did not live up to expectations. Don't get me wrong…it was good…but just not as spectacular as the build up and presentation would suggest. Everything else was great.

• Visited March 2014