“Out of town sea food restaurant - worth the trip!”
Review of Tataku Vave

Tataku Vave
Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stunning location, just past Hanga Roa's small port on the sea front - very atmospheric place for lunch. We went at weekend out of season, lots of locals eating. Terrific sea food - recommend the wonderful kana kana tiradito and lightly battered shrimp with sweet spicy sauce for starters (we had them as mains - big portions) - lovely fresh juices. Good value too.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I arrived on the Island from Santiago at 1pm on a Monday afternoon. Picked up my rental jeep, checked into my hotel then headed up to Tataku Vave for lunch. This restaurant is located at a nice vantage point with a great view of the beach. It is somewhat far removed (all of an extra 5 minute drive..), but he quality of the food, the wonderful sights & sounds of the ocean and the pleasantness of the staff make up for the extra work required to get to it. My friend & I shared a ceviche & some soup to start, then I had a spicy grilled mata fish as my main course. Delicious. Tasty food, well presented in a lovely atmosphere. Well recommended!

1  Thank Ibadanboy
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Unfortunately there was only one server tending to three or four tables with diners when we had dinner on a Saturday night. The view of the sunset was fine but the food I feel was overrated.
It is tricky to find but it's due to the restaurant sitting ocean side to have an unobstructed view of the sunsets.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had dinner at night so it was harder to find as it is down a dirt road. My daughter & I had the fish with mango sauce on our first visit, my husband had octopus & our friend had shrimp. Food on Easter Island is hit & miss, but this was excellent. We liked it so much we went back for lunch. Services was much slower for lunch but the place was packed. However, during the day you can enjoy the ocean waves & beautiful blue sky. The pineapple fish was great, ceviche was huge & again my husband had the octopus. The ingredients were simple (we asked as the sauces were so refreshing). My husband's only complaint was that it wasn't open on Sunday so he could enjoy it again one more time.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

A sunset-dinner location, right on the west-facing shore, with superb seafood and a view of the small Hanga Roa port. The fish was fresh and excellently prepared.

The constant breeze made air conditioning wholly unnecessary. The badly rutted dirt road was traversed slowly in our 4X4 rental, but the effort was certainly worthwhile.