“OMG - Best EVER!”
Review of Te'ora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easter Island
Te'ora
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Words cannot describe how terrific it was to stay at Ana Ori and Te-Ora!! First of all Sharon was just amazing in helping us plan our trip. Not just what to see, but how to see it and pre-reading to best appreciate it, and logistics. This truly made the hugest difference in a great trip and an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime awesome experience.
We stayed two nights at Ana Ori and then two nights at Te-Ora. They are different, but each perfect for us. Ana Ori feels more part of the community and is closer to Tahai and the cemetary. Te;Ora has the all important bath tub (the North Shore walk was much longer than we thought -- but GREAT! -- followed by my first in a lifetime horse ride up Terevaka). Dani met us at the airport and made all of our on-the-ground arrangements flawlessly...and we certainly kept her busy! She has a great network (ranging from the cab driver, to the horse team, to teh tour guide Mark Shields, to the neighbor, to the..... which really personalized the experience and helped us really efficiently maximize our time there.
I just couldn't imagine a better time on Rapa Nui and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 November 2012

When we booked this hotel through email we had a very good impression of the owner Sharon. She was very friendly and helped us booking a tour.
The good impression changed into a very bad one when we got picked up from the airport from sharons assistant Dani. ( we never saw Sharon during our stay).

Dani behaves like a Drill- Sergeant. She is very unfriendly and absolutely not polite.
Which is very usefull when you work in the tourist business !!!! ;-)

Our Room was very dirty. There are tons of dust everywhere. The toothbrush cup was full of hairs and brown Dirt.
There are 10cm big Holes in the walls. And the whole room smells like the toilet . That is really disgusting.
The oven was very dirty too and full of old burned food.
The whole kitchen was so dirty that we decided not to cook during our stay.
Etc. Etc.
I absolutely agree with the guest who wrote that the stairs to our room are absolutely suicidal. And this room is much to close to the road and much too noisy.

They dont do any Service. Not even emptying the garbage bin.

The whole place looks very halfhearted build, decorated and furnished. And it is obviously very halfhearted runned.

Since we couldnt find anything else to stay, we had to survive 4 nights in this smelly nightmare.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank dickbratze
SharonEasterIsland, Owner at Te'ora, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your review. First, I apologize for any inconvenience you suffered during your stay at Te'ora. I take any complaints very seriously and want our guests to rest assured that action always follows feedback. I have had a meeting with my staff to find out what went wrong here.
I have reviewed the photos posted and would like to respond first to those.

The photo of the toothbrush holder does not show evidence of hair. The apparent dirt at the bottom of it is actually a little bit of rust. The tooth brush holder has been thrown out.

Rust is also the culprit in the sink drain and in the oven,
My staff cleans each cabin meticulously before the arrival of each guest. As hard as we work to control the rust, we live on a tiny island in the middle of a vast South Pacific Ocean and things just rust within a very short time. The oven had been cleaned, with the rust spots scrubbed as well as possible. The rust does not make the oven dangerous to operate. There was no evidence of burned food.

We will be sure to point out the rust problem to all arriving guests from now on so that future guests will not be disturbed by the natural occurrence.

The small light switch hole in the corner of the bathroom with electrical wiring capped for safety should have been covered and it now is. I apologize for any worry over that.

The cabins are self-contained/self-service units. In an effort to preserve the ecology, we do not change towels or sheets daily. The island has a limited supply of water with tourism creating an over-demand on resources. Our guests are encouraged to let our staff know when they would like clean towel. Sheets are changed only for guests staying longer than 5 nights, or on request. Plastic shopping bags are recycled as garbage bags and our guests simply drop those garbage bags into the municipal garbage bins conveniently located at the road side outside the Te’ora entrance gate.

There is a guest telephone on premises at all times and guests are encouraged to call my staff for any need, big or small, when staff is not on site. These calls are always received cheerfully and concerns or needs are addressed immediately. I hope our guests will feel comfortable calling for help at the onset of any concern instead of staying silent until leaving Te’ora and then posting complaints on trip advisor. It is certain that had any of these complaints been brought to our attention, they would have been resolved immediately.

As shown in the many photos posted by our guests on trip advisor, Te’ora is situated a few steps from the ocean. The road runs between the ocean and the entrance gate. This close proximity to the ocean is most enjoyed by our guests and is the reason Te’ora is considered one of the prime locations on the island. .

I encourage every guest to contact me by email with any concerns when I am not on the island. If they are not traveling with their own computer they are welcome to use the computer in the office to contact me. I review business mails several times a day and am in communication with my staff daily.

I thank the Trip Advisor staff for the great service they provide to travelers and inn keepers.
Iorana
Sharon

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed here for just under two weeks in October this year, and I am so glad that this was the place I picked to stay! I was in the Ra'a room, with the most beautiful ocean views I have ever experienced! Dani picked me up at the airport with a beautiful flower necklace and proceeded to make my stay the best it could possibly be! :) Then she drove me around town so I could get acclimiatised and have a rough idea of where everything was.
Sharon was also amazing, answering all my questions and emails prior to arrival, which was extremely helpful. Dani gave me maps and advice and checked in on me often to see if I needed anything!
The room itself was great - views were fantastic and the ocean was the best to put me to sleep at night. The cool ocean breeze was also perfect and the many windows in the room allowed the perfect temperature to be set! The room was perfectly clean, and very thoughtfully my room was cleaned two or three times during my stay, and cleaned very well too I might add!

It was the perfect place to stay on this beautiful Island, and I am so glad I took Tripadvisor's (and the many reviews!) advice and picked Te'ora! Huge thanks to Sharon and Dani - if I am lucky enough to come back to this beautiful place I will surely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ra'a (the biggest room with the beautiful ocean views) was amazing - in my opinion worth the ext...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Dani, the Te Ora manager, picked us up at the airport, gave us leis on our arrival, described Hanga Roa as she drove us through the village, delivered us to our second floor Ra'a efficiency, and then discussed useful travel suggestions for our four night stay. Across the dirt road from the Te Ora, sits the beautiful, blue Pacific with scenic views of waves striking the shore. The wood beamed efficiency included a fully equipped kitchen, bath/shower, sitting area, a comfortable and cozy queen bed, and free wifi. After unpacking, we walked to town, purchased food for dinner and breakfast, and settled in for a relaxing night.
Dani arranged our tour to see the important island sights, and the helpful tour guide picked us up at our efficiency at 9:30AM that included a dozen other tourists from Germany and Australia.
On the tour, take your own lunch, and be prepared for an amazing historical, cultural, and breathtaking experience. After our informative and photo scenic tour, and being returned to our efficiency, we strolled the fifteen minutes to the main pier of Hanga Roa and ate a tasty and filling seafood dinner.
At the end of our stay Dani returned us to the airport, and she gave his departing gifts as a token of our wonderful stay on Easter Island, better know as Rapa Nui.
My wife and I highly recommend the Te Ora for its comfort, convenience, scenic views, affordability, and service. This is a win/win place to stay on Rapa Nui.

Room Tip: The second floor Ra'a efficiency is spacious and has scenic views of the ocean from the balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This is definitely a great place to stay ! Superb setting and very friendly welcome, everything is done to make yourselves comfortable. We had the largest room, with ocean view, which is pretty amazing. Don't hesitate, just book !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Sharon is amazing. I don't think I would like staying there nearly as much if she were on vacation. I always thought I would go to Easter Island one time but now all I can think about is going back. I stayed in the smallest cabin, Iti. The bed was very comfy and I slept very well there!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The free airport pick up and tour of Hanga Roa on the way to the hotel set the scene for a great stay. We stayed 3 nights and loved the place. Danielle was really helpful and Te Ora isn't too far away from the town centre. We organised a south coast tour with Sharon and it was excellent. Mark, the Kiwi tour guide was fantastic. We stayed in the smallest of the 3 rooms and apart from being a bit tight for luggage space, it was brilliant. The room was clean, the bed was really comfy and the courtyard was lovely. There's a great mini mart if you walk up the dirt road and then turn left for a couple of hundred metres. It has the cheapest bottled water in town and beautiful, fresh bread rolls. Te Ora is located right beside the ocean so you go to sleep to the sound of the waves. Nice! Before we arrived, Sharon sent us lots of useful information, including buying the National Park entry at the airport, where it is $10 cheaper. We didn't have to pay a deposit before arriving either; that sort of trust is rare, so please don't abuse it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple