“Fantastic home away from home”
Review of Te'ora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easter Island
Te'ora
Los Angeles
“Fantastic home away from home”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What a great find! Thanks to the reviews here on Tripadvisor, I booked 3 nights at the Te’ora. Dani was incredibly helpful from the beginning, from answering my email inquiries to booking the room. She provided so much valuable info about the island and recommended great reading materials. As promised, she was prompt to pick me up at the airport and drove me around to acquaint me with the town. The room itself felt like home. Although I booked the smallest room, it came with a separate kitchen area which allowed me to cook when I wanted. Dani lives down the road closer to their sister property but she provided me with a cell phone and charger in case I ever needed her help with anything. (She really came thru and recommended a great taxi driver to take me to see sunrise at Ahu Tongariki. Highly recommend that if you visit Easter Island). The property itself is across from the ocean and walking distance to town and Ahu Tahai. I spent my evenings there watching the sun set. I can’t think of a better place and experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reston, VA
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I had a great experience at Te'ora. Dani is outstanding. She will email you with tons of information on what to expect and what to do on the island. She will pick you up at the airport, advise you on tours to take, take you back to the airport. she is the best! I had a small, very cozy cabin with a kitchenette, private bath and the most comfortable bed. I also had a great time scuba diving at Orca's dive shop.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Nothing short of excellent. Accommodation is comfortable, clean, well maintained and located right next to the sea.

Short walk to main street (with restaurants, shops and cafes) and a little fishing harbour (with a great cafe serving excellent coffee and sandwiches). Althought, if budget allows, would recommend hiring a small jeep or bike for convenience.

Dani was an excellent hostess and on hand to help plan your stay as and when required. Would recommend buying the Easter Island guide book - I found it invaluable.

I really did not want to leave: I was made to feel so welcome and had a fantastic stay. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Take the room upstairs: it has it's own little kitchen and incredible sea views.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This place was perfect for my week-long first-time stay on Easter Island. The location (right by the ocean and with easy walking access to the middle of town) was excellent, the accommodations were very comfortable, and the service was wonderful. Dani picked me up at the airport, gave me the rundown on the facility and how to navigate Hanga Roa and the rest of the island, then I felt great about just taking my time to explore Easter Island. It was grateful, each evening, to come "home" to Te'ora. The kitchen was well-stocked with myriad utensils, so I was able to easily cook anything I wanted. And being so close to the ocean was fantastic; I loved hearing the sound of crashing waves all through the night. I'd love to go back, and next time I'd like to stay in the Ra'a cabin (the upstairs room, which has a better view). But I'm always drawn back to rooms in which I've stayed, so I have a sentimental feeling about the Iti cabin. :) I'm grateful for Dani and the Te'ora for having made my stay on Easter Island comfortable and enjoyable!

Room Tip: The upstairs room has the best view; however, each of the three rooms is very nice.
Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We highly recommend both Te'ora & Ana Ori; go if you can. Sharon, Dani & Nato were very welcoming, & helpful, & we felt at home right away. Te'Ora has a location that is just wonderful-views & sounds of the ocean, soft breezes, but Ana Ori, in town, is just great too. Spotlessly clean, with everything you want. A lot of thoughtfulness has gone into both places. If Easter Island wasn't so far away, we'd go back again & again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jauntsa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I loved Te'ora. Dani picked us up from the airport and was very friendly and helpful and gave us a rundown of the restaurants, bars and grocery stores on the island. We had a top floor room with an ocean view that was incredible. It felt like staying in a well-appointed tree house. I loved it. Sharon, the owner, chatted with us to give us recommendations and stories about living on the island. I loved it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
RI, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Ana Ori was simple and affordable. It wasn't too fancy, but it was in a great location with everything we needed. Dani and Nato were very accomodating and extremely nice. We were greeted with fresh fruit and leis. We were only there for 5 nights and wished we could have stayed longer. We'll definitely book with them again if we ever make it back to the Island.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple