Review Highlights
Peaceful Moai

I enjoyed visiting this single moai statue during my visit to Easter Island because of how quiet... read more

Reviewed 27 December 2018

from US$128.00
More Info
from US$177.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

One of the places I eastern island with the statues. Just like the others it's nice to visit this spot to get the whole picture.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 30 March 2016

I traveled to Easter Island back in 2005. The Place was magical, the scenery, it was Surreal to see and experience the Moai satues, and to just be here.

I'd been longing to do this trip a long time, and when I finally got here, I was not disapointed. The whole stay felt spiritual to me., one of my best trips ever.

Hanga Roa is the name of the small, peaceful and quiet Little Town on the Island. It was nice just to have a stroll around it.

I spent 4 Days, on this small remote Island, and Believe me, that is enough. The first two days are exciting, the third day you start to feel a bit restless, and on the fourht daym you will start to wonder what to do here.

I rented a 4-wheeler and drove around. Which was the easiest and best way to do it in my opinion if you are travelling with adults only.

I also visited a Beautiful Playa Anakena beach which is a must for one day of your visit. As for Scuba diving, it was nothing spectacular, but it was fun to have done it there.

As for prices, be aware that this is very remote Island, meaning they have to import verything, making things costly. This means even the budget things are costly. If you come here to save Money, forget about it. Still, if you are wise with Money you won't go bankrupt either.

Of all places I've been to around the World, this is up on my top two list (with the other one being Machu Picchu).

Date of experience: April 2015
2  Thank Berkajr
Reviewed 22 February 2016

M603 / Part of World Cruise - Queen Mary 2. Remember your primary school geography class, or Erich von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods" that referenced a strange place called Easter Island. What was not apparent then is that Easter Island is part of Chile, a spec 165SqKm in the ocean 3660Km west of South America in the Pacific Ocean. The iconic Moai statues are instantly recognised the world over.
We cruised along the southern shore and did not anchor, with binoculars we could see the statues and the dormant volcanic landscape. Awe inspiring scenery, great tall cliffs dropping straight into the sea, cinder cones of extinct volcanoes, large open paddocks, and small wooded tree areas, and several albatrosses that flew alongside the ship. Truly a memorable day, and a destination that would suggest a landing on the Island to explore these wonders up close.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed 25 January 2016

My wife and I visited at 10am when there was just us and the tour guide there. a fascinating place with a great view of the quarry the Moai came from. This is a MUST if you visit Rapa Nui.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 9 January 2016

This was a wonderful place to go. I don't know if there is a place with more heads, but this was quite a few. It's a must see on the island.

Date of experience: December 2015