I guess my stay here is colored by the fact that I was rained out of my only day of activity. The front desk took an incredibly long time to process my check in. So long that I had to eat an early lunch before I could get to my room. Rooms were nothing to write home about. There was a balcony.
The restaurant area was airy and nice. But the food... I hate writing about food in PNG because it is never good, just passable at best. It was so here too. I was actually happy when one dish I got for room service was actually decent. I was shocked beyond belief when postcards sold at the lobby shop was 7.5 kina. That's about USD 3! For a single postcard.
The best thing about this hotel is the overhanging deck for drinks. I spent hours there gazing at the volcano and the sea. But I had to go inside at dusk when the mozzies came out.
You can walk to the town of Kokopo and it is safe during the day. But there is really nothing there. Eating options are hardly better and no cheaper.
On my way back to the airport they charged me for a ride but never gave me a refund when another group of guests gave me a ride. I should have insisted on getting my money back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not only do we have a magnificent resort with traditional PNG architectural character and style. Come and experience some of our amazing land and sea tours. Whether you like snorkeling, diving, volcanoes, history or just lazing around, we have it all. Enjoy this magical tropical wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokopo Beach Bungalows Hotel New Britain Island
- Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort Papua New Guinea/New Britain Island