I spent 3 days there as part of my trip round PNG. I was very astonished, not to find a fence aorund the hotel and to be able to leave the hotel alone, without any company. A very new feeling after 2 weeks in PNG and never having left a hotel alone.
The hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable, especially the dining-room with it's carvings and the beautiful view to the garden and sea. The room was on the ground floor, decorated also with carvings and had a balcony.
Because of severe illness I had to go to hospital at midnight and it went without any saying that a man of the staff conducted me there and stayed with me (I was travelling alone).
The restaurant offers pretty good food, as in all the PNG-hotels I've been I missed local meals. And also here, the giftshop was very expensive. If you have the possibility, buy the crafts directly by the locals.
The hotel is located upon the beach with direct way there over a few steps and is 5 minutes to the shops and banks in Kokopo. It is well situated for trips to Rabaul.
And also here you will find some orchids in the garden, in a nice arrangement.
There was no free internet-access, but at least functioning, available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not only do we have a magnificent resort with traditional PNG architectural character and style. Come and experience some of our amazing land and sea tours. Whether you like snorkeling, diving, volcanoes, history or just lazing around, we have it all. Enjoy this magical tropical wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokopo Beach Bungalows Hotel New Britain Island
- Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort Papua New Guinea/New Britain Island