I stayed in GI for only one night as I had to leave the other hotel I was staying due to lack of vegetarian food option.
Located near the golf course, the view is serenic. The hotel is new and you can feel it. Staff, as with people of Kokopo, are friendly.
I am giving it a 4 star, because I didnt like following things.
1. I had booked over phone, but when I reached there, there was no reservation. But since the hotel was empty, I didnt had any trouble.
2. Although my wife and I were staying there, they only gave one complimentary coupon for breakfast. They said the other one was available for 50 Kina (around 22 USD), which I declined to take. This was sort of mood spoiler and i tried to reason with them that in a standard room 2 people stay, but they wouldnt listen.
3. While checking out, a lady in the reception said, that I need to pay 50 kina as the room we had taken was used on twin share basis. Now the room I had taken had a double bed and a single bed. So it was capable of holding three people. Yet, it seemed bizarre that I had to pay for extra person for a room I had taken for 2 people. I told her that this is odd and she should check that I had a standard room. She seemed confused but then didnt charged my credit card for 50 kina more.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Gazelle International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gazelle International Hotel Papua New Guinea/New Britain Island