“Beautiful, Relaxing place!!!!”
Review of Kulu Bay Resort

Kulu Bay Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Beqa Island
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Kulu Bay Resort was absolutely incredible, the bures are very spacious and comfortable, the staff are friendly and will do anything to help you and for fill customers needs, the snorkelling and diving was fantastic, including the shark dive, this i would highly recommend if you are into diving!! You certainly will not go hungry here, plenty to eat, at breakfast lunch and dinner, the food was delicious....for us, a little 'western', we would have liked to of seen a little more traditional fijian dishes. Five nights went far too quickly, we would have loved a little more time.
The visit to the sand bar trip/picnic is an absolute must!!! This was the highlight, it is out of this world!!

The only point i would make is that everything is priced up in US Dollar, so when you come to settle up any extras you had it adds up pretty quick, as opposed to paying in Fijian dollar. But this is a minor point, but one worth mentioning incase other travellers are not aware of the currency here as its not local.

Overall a wonderful holiday, and would recommend to all.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are the same, they are all beach front bures, very clean and spacious, can hear t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gman_waddy_29

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I had the best vacation experience, the scenery, the people, the food, the rooms all wonderful, great price. The staff treated us like family, I would definetly came back, I rate it 5 diamonds. thanks Alex and Kelly

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Fernando L
Reviewed 19 April 2013

No cell phones, no internet, no e-mail, and no TV - the perfect vacation. Resort staff treated us like family from the moment we arrived. The bures were very spacious/clean and located 10 steps from the crystal clear water. Plenty of activities to keep us entertained - kayaking, snorkeling, day trips to the main island or local village, boat ride to the sand bar (highly recommended), night time swim in the warm water, and of course the best part - doing absolutely nothing but relaxing on the beach. I will definitely be coming back!

3  Thank Imran H
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had an amazing time. The Kulu Bay Resort Crew were amazing! They mad us feel like family once we arrived. Alex and Kelly were great and helped me enjoy my stay even more. I want to go back again soon! I recommend planning your stay here if you want to experience real Fiji.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Aceshigh317
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I really didn't know what to expect, but lets just say I left wanting to come back again. I live in LA were stress is high and beaches are crowded. Here on the resort it is like having your own private beach to yourself. Snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, and hiking are just some activities they offer. I took full advantage of them all and what a relaxing experience. The staff were super friendly and knew all of us by name. They all spoke and understood English very well, so communication was never a problem. The lodging was clean, roomy, and comfortable. I have have recommended this resort to many friends looking for a stress free getaway. I will definitely return in the future. A two thumbs up for me!

Room Tip: They even have lofts for kids! All rooms are fully furnished and clean.
2  Thank angiam6
Reviewed 17 April 2013

If you want a trip of a lifetime, please come to Kulu Bay Resort! I just had my family and closest friends (about 20 people) all come with us to celebrate our big day. I had the pleasure of booking and setting up our trip to Fiji with Kelli. She was beyond patient, informative, and very professional. I was really worried having to arrange everything for 20+ people but Kelli made everything go so smoothly. She was very easy to contact and always responded promptly. As soon as we arrived in Fiji there was someone waiting for us with a sign to go to Kulu Bay Resort. We all hopped on a bus, they even surprised us with a small stop at a local spot for souvenirs, they arranged all the transportation. As soon as we arrived in Beqa Island, we had the warmest welcome with leis! There are so many things to do here from relaxing on the beach, trip to the village, fishing, snorkeling and a must go -- the sandbar!! The best day of course was our unforgettable wedding day. We had the most beautiful wedding! It was more than we could ever imagine. The wedding arch was made with beautiful island flowers, we had a Tiki bar and an island feast! It could not have come together as perfectly if it wasn't for Kelli's help and all the wonderful staff. The rooms were always clean, lights were left on during the night so you wouldn't go back to your room in the dark, we even had umbrellas provided because it rained a few days during our stay. The staff is so friendly, they speak english and even teach you words in their language. The staff really made me feel welcomed. The food is always different and they are so accommodating with food preferences. The only complaint I have is that I didn't eat enough coconuts! I highly recommend coming!! I know I will be planning to return soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Wow, what an exotic and beautiful place! When our wedding party arrived at Kulu Bay resort, we were greeted by a friendly staff presented beautiful island leis and sincere welcomes. For our entire stay, each of us became a "special" island guest called by our first names (a group of 23), served delicious meals, beds turned down each evening, and if it rained--umbrellas were hanging at our door. None of us will ever forget the wedding ceremony on the beach, with its tropical flowers, palms and island plants alter, and elegantly and freshly constructed by local islanders. By the end of the week, (your choice--relaxed or full of activities) we felt like the staff were family and Kula Bay our dream destination. It was so hard to say, "good-bye." We departed with leis and beautiful island good-bye songs. Thanks for all the kind things you did in accommodating our large group (we can only imagine how a couple or smaller party would be spoiled!). We really appreciated all of Kula Bay Resort's big and small extra efforts to make this a wedding to remember forever.

Room Tip: Every "bure" (large spacious room) has a great view! Only one suggestion, if you visit the...
2  Thank William S

Been to Kulu Bay Resort? Share your experiences!