Spent 8 nights at BLR at the beginning of February. I really can't say enough good about the entire resort.
1. Transportation - Our driver (Sonny?) was awesome. My wife wanted to stop on the way to the resort about 3 times to try different fruit along the way from the road-side vendors, he'd stop for us and negotiate the price.
2. Diving - The diving was great. Unfortunately, because we went during cyclone season and they saw 6ft of rain in places the day before we arrived, the water wasn't as clear as they said it could be or should be. As previously expressed, DO NOT miss the shark dive. My wife and I both feel that this was the best dive we've ever done. Having bull's that close was an experience we'll never forget.
3. Food - The meals were top notch. My wife is a vegan which at times can make finding restaurants a bit of a problem. Not here. We explained her dietary restrictions before we arrived and once again once we arrived and didn't have a problem. They custom-made her food every meal and would get her whatever she'd like. As for me, I loved the meals, the meat were great. I still remember the lamb.
4. Accommodation - Our beachfront bure was awesome, the private plunge pool was a nice way to cool off. The room itself did feel tired and could probably use a bit of a refresh but other than that, we had no complaints. The A/C was well functioning as was all the plumbing. The fresh flowers on a daily basis was a very nice touch. The wi-fi signal was right in our bure which turned out to be awesome for us…never an issue with bandwidth except for the afternoon the wifi went down.
5. Staff - The dive team, the front office, the kitchen staff and the grounds staff were all exceptional. Mary probably got tired of charging several devices per day for me put you'd never know by her reaction to my face every morning! The GM at the time, Mark was very accommodating to us. He made sure all our needs were taken care of. Frank was an absolute delight. We ended up forgetting the charger for our toothbrush and had no problem paying for it to be shipped back but they never asked for a dime. Very courteous of the resort. The only point we made on the exit survey was that we felt staff should be more diligent at picking up garbage along the beachfront.
It was an absolutely great week that we'll never forget! You will be tired after diving but make sure you make it to the school or village tour, it was a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Fiji Islands is the secluded island paradise – Beqa Lagoon Resort. Set amidst the lush, tropical gardens are 25 deluxe air-conditioned Fijian style villas with private plunge pools, exotic koi ponds and beautiful ocean views. Our onsite PADI operation will reveal the amazing underwater world of the calm and pristine lagoon to you. Over 100 dive sites just a short boat ride away including walls, wrecks and the thrilling SHARK and BIG FISH encounter…plus enjoy unlimited shore diving just steps off the beachfront. Fun afternoons include deep sea fishing, surfing, kayaking and hiking to the mystical waterfalls. Relax at our new Full Service beachfront LALI SPA or lounge around our luxurious infinity pool or in a nearby hammock. Enjoy gourmet dining in our open air Bure Kalou and the friendly Fijian hospitality of our Beqa Staff. You’ll witness authentic Fijian culture with Firewalking, Meke ceremonies and much, much more. Come FEEL THE WARMTH OF BEQA!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Beqa Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beqa Lagoon Hotel Beqa Island
- Beqa Island Lagoon Hotel