Lawaki Beach House
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
US$272
US$237
  • Beachfront
US$1,277
US$1,113
  • Breakfast included
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$78
  • Breakfast included
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
US$823
US$748
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
US$218
US$190
  • Pool
Wellesley Resort Fiji(Korolevu)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$119
  • Pool
Lalati Resort & Spa(Beqa Island)
  • Pool
Kulu Bay Resort(Beqa Island)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewssam and christinemarine protected areasorbetfishsolar panelsfiji tripschool childrenisland paradiseviti levuan amazing experiencebeqa lagoonnavuahostsaccommodationsoursopreefmattresses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I organised a group trip to Lawaki, and from the first email Christine was absolutely wonderful. Her replies were prompt, helpful and accommodating to changes. Lawaki itself is great - most of the photos I've seen don't do it justice. The food was fresh and well prepared, and Christine has clearly trained her staff really well. The rooms were comfortable, the beach is lovely with good snorkelling - people saw turtles and a white tipped reef shark, and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. Christine and Sam are committed to sustainability, and use a lot of their own garden produce. Can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Perdita_Reperi
LawakiBeachHouseFiji, Owner at Lawaki Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Bula Perdita Reperi,
thank you for your review at Tripadvisor. We are sorry for the late reply. We are just "bathing" in the good comments to make this day our day, haha!
WE wish you all the best and hope to see you returning one day.
Regards,
Christine & Sam

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Sam, Christine and staff,
I honestly can not speak highly enough of Lawaki... Lawaki provides the best of tropical island paradise within an isolated, sustainable environment.
The only unpleasant parts of my Lawaki experience were 'the leaving' and also feeling the tranquil, relaxed state that Lawaki gave me slowly fading away.
There are coral reefs a few meters off the low tide line, fantastic reef fish populating the marine proteced area which Sam and Christine advocated for, soft grass in the deep shade of the trees along the beach where you cool off in breeze after a morning of snorkelling along the reefs.... great food, fresh vegetables from the garden, fresh caught fish (thanks for taking me out Sam), cool evenings doing nothing but chatting with Sam and Christine.
Lawaki is not for everyone - there is no disco, no crowds, no busy shopping centre, no pollution, no rubbish or traffic noise.
One of the reasons that leaving was unpleasant was the fact that we came to feel that Sam and Christine were family friends - and I'd like it to stay that way.
Seriously, one days highlight was the fact that the only sign of the outside world was the 'school boat' taking the children to the primary school. :-)
...I miss that tree growing over the ocean where we would sit in the shade at midday...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Clinton F
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Lawaki Beach House is the BEST value for money accommodation I have ever stayed at! The bures are clean, cosy and private. The food is perfect, the owners and staff will go out of their way to accommodate fussy eaters! The beach and lagoon are the most beautiful, natural places to unwind and relax. Locally owned, you know you are meeting the people 'as they are' Not like the expensive resorts where the staff are paid to look after you! Emerge yourself if local culture, visit a nearby village or school and really see how the locals live and interact with them. We visit Fiji twice a year and always come back 'home' to Lawaki, and will always do so. We have seen some HUGE improvements over the years as we were amongst the first to stay here! The new veranda is fantastic, a lovely place to sit and eat or just sit and talk! Lastly I must say - boat trips can scare me but Sam has always made me feel 100% safe on the boat trip across from Navua, and we have had some not so smooth! He is genuinely one of the best 'boat captains' (is that a word?) that I know and I now look forward to the trip. Bravo Sam! If you have any special requirements speak to Christine first and they will be accommodated. If the local shopping allows! They have found me gluten free flour and other similar things in the past.
I could keep going for hours about the beauty and peace of Lawaki!
I think we are over 10 trips to Lawaki now and it is one of the 2 places in Fiji that we will always return to, Make it your favorite also!

Room Tip: Bure 1 is our fave, further away for everything!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank princessfiona44

Bula princessfiona44,
thank you for your review! Sorry for the late reply. This is as bad as not writing a review at all!
Thank you for coming back like a real Aussie Bumerang.
Loloma, Christine, Sam and all the rest!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at Lawaki Beach House twice in June and July this year (sorry for the late review). I spent five weeks travelling around Fiji and my times at Lawaki were my most comfortable and pleasant experiences. My first stay I came alone for eight nights and enjoyed myself so much that I returned two weeks later with a friend for four nights. For ten of my twelve nights Dewayne Hayes also stayed at Lawaki Beach House (he wrote a novel for two months there), so I would refer to his review for more in depth information. I basically agree with everything he mentioned. This place is amazing.

I would like to specifically emphasize the ability to personalize your stay here. Sam and Christine run this place exceptionally. It is not a large resort, and they are able to really make sure your stay fits your desires. If you have any special requests, Sam and Christine will try their best to accomodate you and keep you satisfied. Any activity you would like, the staff will either provide it for you or refer you to someone who can. I came to Fiji especially to spearfish, and Lawaki did not disappoint. I spent about half of my days out on the Lawaki Delight (resort boat) with Sam and a few other local fishermen from the nearby village. They showed me their normal fishing grounds and I learned a lot about their local style of spearfishing. We even managed to get a nice catch every time we went out and had fresh fish available for meals.

I highly recommend this place for anyone visiting Fiji. I will definitely be returning again, hopefully sometime soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shane W
LawakiBeachHouseFiji, Owner at Lawaki Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Bula Shayne,
thank you very much for your nice words. Yes, we still are eating from "your" fish, but soon need fresh supply. We hope we don't have to wait too long to see you again?
We are happy that you remember Lawaki as a special place. We keep trying to please all guests. (sometimes we just can not). We love to think back of the nice time we had together and your name is coming up often.
Take care and all the best from Lawaki!

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We recently spent two wonderful days and nights with Christine, Sam and staff at Lawaki Beach House. We stayed in the dorm (3 of us) and had the resort to ourselves. Despite the rain, at the time, we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The meals were very tasty, and the staff were fantastic. The snorkelling off the beach was outstanding with so many fish and corals on display. The accommodation is not 5 star but is very clean and comfortable. This a low impact resort, so don't expect air conditioning and television in your room. More like a B&B than a Hilton. Sam and Christine welcome you into their home like old friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter W
LawakiBeachHouseFiji, Manager at Lawaki Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Bula Peter W and family,
thank you very much for your review. We love to remember you as our guests. Again: we are "sorry" for the weather you had to face! But we could feel that it did not stop you from enjoying your time in Fiji and remembering your first trip "a few" years back.
We wish you well and hope to one day meet again.
Regards from Christine, Sam and team