Grand Isla Navidad Resort
Cabo Blanco Hotel(Barra de Navidad)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$58
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Hotel La Alondra(Barra de Navidad)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Delfin(Barra de Navidad)
Agoda.com
Trivento Hotel(Barra de Navidad)
  • Pool
Hotel Barra de Navidad(Barra de Navidad)
  • Pool
Hotel Sarabi(Barra de Navidad)
  • Pool
Hotel Villas Coco Mango(Barra de Navidad)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswater taxigrand baygolf coursepool bartrue starincluded in our packagelarge hotelfish tacosgolf packagemanzanillo airportthe entire hotella plazuelarest and relaxationmain poolall inclusive guestspesos per persontennis courts
Reviewed 25 February 2013

From the moment you walk into the lobby you are pampered. All the employees are most helpful and polite
The rooms are beautiful and the views spectacular. The food is excellent. Just to let you know about another review Feb.14th. Isle Barra is not a private Island there are many homes and co does and also many restaurants in the little town of Colomia. There is also a worl class 27 hole golf course which is public.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barrylang_12
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This was our first all inclusive at all, and the first as a family with a toddler. After reading many many reviews we decided to give this hotel a try. I have to admit that at first I was disappointed and even a little shocked. I expected more of a 5 star hotel. But after a week of staying there I feel it was a very good hotel for our purpose and we all came back relaxed and happy.
The location:
Like other resorts it is far off the road and hard to get out by car or foot. BUT - there are water taxis and in 2 minutes one can reconnect with the normal world of a little Mexican village which lives partly from tourism and fishing. It is great to wander around and see some other faces or get some other food options.
The grounds:
The property is a paradise for people loving golf. The closer garden around the hotel is a paradise for people loving plants and birds. Super nice maintained and taken care off. Constantly cleaned and replanted. Birds are nesting in the big trees, lizards are wandering and geckos are climbing - just the right environment for a curious little adventurer. The gardeners were super friendly and we always had a great laugh when our kid tried to help them doing there work.
The hotel:
Nice architecture! I am very happy I did not spend the time in a modern North American style hotel! If you wander around you will find little ponds, gardens, pathways and lookouts. Nice few on the marina, the pool area, the garden from different levels and angles. The hotel sits right on the water, so humidity is taking its toll. You will find cracks and aches in the structure but you also find teams constantly maintaining the structure. Small teams, they are never loud or disturbing, very polite people. It just has to be done. And yes, I saw a cockroach in a hallway, birds nesting in open pathways, geckos climbing up the wall - BUT IT IS A JUNGLE CLIMATE - so this it what we were here for - heat and humidity - and all the little creatures come with this type of climate.
The Room:
We had a deluxe room, 2nd floor, looking right on the pool. A little balcony and an extra window which we could open facing away from the pool. First I was shocked about the smell of the room. But the air condition neutralized the smell in a very short time. We opened the window and balcony doors only in the evening hours and in the morning when it was still coolish out there. Otherwise the air condition kept the room nice and relaxing for our child's afternoon nap.
The noise from the pool was not a problem at all. The hotel offered ear plugs which we never used. It is not a party hotel and after 8.00PM the pool is quiet. Even in the afternoon we only heard some nice holiday background noises. The music was never unpleasant or to loud.
We had 2 double beds, with great mattresses (nice and firm - great sleep!) in a spacious room which was important to us with a kid.
A nice bathroom and a extra little room for the toilette.
The Room service:
Just awesome! Thanks Carmen for always keeping our room clean and making me feel comfortable. The towels were changed up to 3 times a day - depending on our visits at the little beach and the sand carried in by us.
The beach and pool:
Just exactly what we wanted for our kid. No waves because it is a lagoon, flat to start with with shells, crabs, fish and lots of sand to make castles. Usually we had the beach to ourselves. There were chairs, hammocks and benches at the beach which were hardly ever used.
The pool has several levels. The kids level is far away from the pool bar. It is flat enough that an average height 2 year old can stand in there. The drinking folks are far enough away as well as the more active and older kids who can play water ball in the lower level. The level are connected through slides and it is super fun for older kids and adults to use them. The water temperature was always nice and there was a warm up jacuzzi for blue lips. The palm trees around the pools gave shade on sunny days but let enough sun through if you wanted sun bathing. Beach benches were spread all over the place and one had never the feeling to compete with other guests for a spot. Beach towels were always available and clean. The pool was very clean in the morning and I saw every day how they proofed the water quality. The service was great and the stuff had to walk far ways to check on every one.
The food:
First I was disappointed with the buffet. But I quickly realized that there was ALWAYS something which I liked and which tasted great. I mostly stuck to the Mexican food - after all this is what the cooks know best. I also liked the fresh prepared seafood. We never tried one of the a la card restaurants. With the kid it was just super easy to eat of the buffet. I was a little unhappy with the fact that the prepared fruit is not covered - fruit flies are quick to settle down.
The service was great, the stuff super friendly yet relaxed and all in all the atmosphere just as it has to be when you are on holidays.
Activities:
I saw a regular yoga group twice a day on the beach, there was a ping pong table which was used, and they had a kids activity center which was open and offered a lot of games and activities if wanted. People used the tennis court on a regular base and everybody seemed happy.
All in all - a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AlecCalgary
Grand B, General Manager at Grand Isla Navidad Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

It was wonderful to read about your comments in regards to your stay at the Wyndham Grand, Isla Navidad Resort, thank you very much for such attention to detailed description, it was truly very rewarding and at the same time a great opportunity to show the team how our Guests live the Wyndham Grand Isla Navidad Resort.
“Seeking opportunities to create memories” is our motto and this is what our entire team stands for and it is very rewarding to hear that it has been noticed and appreciated by our guests.
It will be a pleasure to share your comments with all the Associates to let them know they contributed to create those unforgettable memories for you.
I would like to let you know, on behalf of all our Team, “we Look Forward to receiving you in the Near Future”

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Obviously an example of how Mexico has sold itself out, by transferring public lands to private investors. This is a huge island just off the coast from Barra de Navidad. There are lots of boats that will take you over there for $30 pesos round trip.
When I arrived at the island, I was promptly greeted by a security guard who asked me if I was a guest at the hotel. I told him I was just there to look around, and chatted for a few minutes before another guard came with a golf cart and drove me up to the hotel to look around.
Inside I found spectacular views, and lots of elderly, wealthy gringos. I went down some stairs and found a party straight out of 'Weekend at Bernies' or some other 80's comedy....

It donned on me a short while later that the entire island is private, and very exclusive. Obviously this part of Mexico doesn't belong to the people any more. I can't really imagine who would want to pay hundreds of dollars/night for such an artificial experience, but they seemed to be doing excellent business.

A short while later I went back to town, and enjoyed a beautiful sunset on the beach before heading back to my $20/night hotel. You can't put a price on beauty or good times.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank BOOIS1982
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I will never go back there ever! We just got back from our week stay there 3 hours ago! I feel it important to inform everyone of what happened to us! Besides the cockroaches in our room, the mold in the bathroom and the sewage smell in our bathroom. WE WERE VIDEO TAPED!! My husband and I were in the bathroom after our shower and were drying off when we noticed that someone was video recording us from above our window which opened from the top! My husband snuck out and put shorts on and opened the door to catch the person! As soon as that person heard the chain on the door he took off!! My husband ran to find him and I called security!! It took over 15 minutes for security and the night manager to respond! They said that they would look around. The next morning no one bothered to ask if we were ok or needed anything! I had to ask for a formal incident report and I also asked to speak to the main manager (3 different times in total) 2 days later we finally spoke with him! He told me that he understood that i was upset, but what I probably saw were just the birds that fly around and contined to make excuses about the birds and the slow response of his security man. The manager did not care, he even went as far as to imply that we were drunk or we were making it up! I have never been so violated or insulted in my life! I will be writing letters to the owner and to the group we went with! People need to know that this place is not safe at night and if something happens, the manager or security WILL NOT do anything.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank robertnkim
Grand B, General Manager at Grand Isla Navidad Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate feedback from our clients, especially when we did not meet your expectations so that we can look into what we have done wrong and make immediate changes, we are very concerned of the bad experience you have had, just as I mentioned to you personally at the property and we will take these comments very seriously.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

What an impressive resort with all the luxury of a true 5 star rating.Antonios fine dining is a real experience ,and all the food services are very good. Staff at the resort are very professinal and helpful. Jorge the Manager is always present and approachable. Special staff that made a great and lasting impression, Ramon head waiter at the buffet restaurant , Ernesto Maitre 'd at Antonios, Yolanda the Hostess of the A la carte . Luis at the pool service . Every staff member
we encountered were very helpful and accomadating.which enhanced our vacation.
Emmerson is the guitarist / singer who plays on the terrace is amazing ,very talented latin entertainer .
Thanks to all the Management and staff for making this gem of the Pacific shine so brilliantly.
The resort sets the incredible scene but the staff create an ambiance and atmosphere of fun and relaxation..
We will definately return soon

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

It was very rewarding to receive your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, but specially the warmth and friendliness of our people, which is definitely our most important asset. I will be glad to share your comments with entire team and specially with Ramon, Ernesto, Yolanda, Luis and Emerson to let them know how valuable their contribution was to create everlasting memories for you at the Wyndham Grand, Isla Navidad Resort.
It was a pleasure to have met you personally and being able to contribute to making your stay a pleasant one.
On Behalf of the entire team at the Wyndham Grand, Isla Navidad Resort, we thank you for your visit and look forward to receiving you in the near future.