“Backyard Cajun Boil”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Across The Creek Restaurant
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The atmosphere is of a Cajun backyard boil rained out and moved inside. The food was prepared in small batches and stayed refreshed during our visit. The catfish was some of the best I've had. The crab is brought hot to the table and everything else is buffet style. We got the last open table on Valentine's weekend and service was excellent.

If your looking for white linen fine dining this is not it. This is a down home country experience that is hard to find out of the backyards of Louisiana. Do desert somewhere else.

Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is very back woods Arkansas feeling. The food was a buffet and well described by the other review. We found it good and priced ok.

I loved the backwoods feel, but it could still have that feel with a couple cosmetic repairs and some soap and water... It is worth trying out. Whether you will want to come back depends on your interest in an authentic backwoods dining experience.

I will be sad if they ever close.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We drove out there (about 20 minute drive from Rogers) on a Friday evening. I had heard there was always a wait, but we went right in. They have different levels of buffet style eating depending on if you want certain meats or not. The most expensive included the crab legs, I got that. My husband opted for the catfish included. The crab legs were good and were all you can eat. The catfish seasoning was really good however the filets were very small and overcooked, not really much fish in them. The veges were average looking and tasting. The hushpuppies had the same tasty seasoning as the catfish and were decent. The dessert was had to be literally jello no bake cheesecake, small portion in a small styrofoam bowl. The place was very rustic, which should have endeared you to the place, but it didn't really appear clean and our seats were taped up with duck tape. I really wanted it to be special and someplace quaint we could take out of town guests but I don't think we will go back.