IKIN Margarita Hotel & Spa
Posada Guaicora(Playa el Agua)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$35
Hesperia Playa El Agua(Playa el Agua)
US$125
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Hesperia Isla Margarita(Margarita Island)
US$95
US$93
US$130
US$102
US$127
US$126
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
SunSol Isla Caribe(El Tirano)(Great Value!)
US$90
StevieWonderLand(El Yaque)(Great Value!)
US$45
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Posada La Mar(Margarita Island)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Hotel is amazing, and definetely one of the most beautiful places I've seen in my life, the view from the room is stunning, only comparable to a brochure. Service is great, venezuelans are nice and they welcome u as part of their family.
If it helps, I hope, go to Ikin.
I've stayed once at hesperia(nice but terrible service and cheap all inclusive stuff I don't like) ikin is classy and u can actually relax.
I'm coming back next year!

• Stayed: March 2012
8  Thank brianmichaels
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I spent quite some time traveling to and fro Margarita Island.
The property is now under refurbishment, however we've been informed before. Once there, as the plans have been explained, I have to say that is a pretty visionary project. There is a nice plan to remodel all the rooms, the main lobby, the restaurant, the bar, the events center and even more rooms are coming! However so far, the hotel is already located on a perfect spot, right in front of the sea, overlooking this archipelago Los Frailes. All the rooms have sea view, which is a privileged attractive point. Caribbean feeling!

Cuisine is tasty and homie,reflecting the local culture and tradition. Really loved the local soup which they call "Hervido Margariteño" with Grouper Fish and the "Pastel de Cucho", a kind of Lasagna stuffed with Stingray Bass! Delicious!

In a time where everyone talks about crisis, I think this is a nice hotel showing that the tourism here on this island can be relaunched again.
I wish good luck to all the staff working there who welcomed me with a genuine smile, knowing that they are going to improve the more and more along with this amazing project.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Fedd
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed with my family and friends (London and Australia) for more than a week and we had a great time. The rooms (upper level) are very spacious, high ceiling, nice balcony with sea view and very comfy bed. The premises are very nice (although few more lights around the path would be useful), huge reception and lounge areas, sea view infinitive pool with a little addition for kids and sun-beds (very nice having champagne and reading magazine). The food is also nice and the staff are very friendly. The Spa staff are great as well, it is a tiny room but with quality therapies, I especially recommend the facial - It was the best facial I've ever had!! Carolina has magic hands!

However the booking was a nightmare. The booking department were very ambiguous and hopeless by email and by the phone, different prices were quoted and they were unable to provide their correct overseas bank accounts details which they required for a deposit. Finally after weeks of dealing with this matter, we agree to pay up on arrival.

Tips: Have amazing homemade Cachapas (Venezuelan corn pancakes) and fresh juices in the little restaurant just on the road beside the Water Park before the Hotel (Look for a Cachapas sign)... it worth it! Explore the North-east beaches such as Saragoza and Manzanillo beaches, beautiful bays and fishers towns. In Saragoza eat at Atlantic Restaurant and they even have a very cute posada.

Room Tip: Choose upper level
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Halorrie_Alburjas
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Staying at the Ikin Hotel was a pleasure. We' ve been there at the turn of April & May 2011 for 5 days. Hotel infrastructure was great, many places to sit or lay down and relax during your stay outside the room. Good food and excellent view from restaurant tarrace and pool. Hotel stuff very friendly and helpfull. We were there also at the date of 01.05 when in Venezuela is "working holyday" and we were vitnesses of a special holyday party for hotel stuff. It was a nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karolina K
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at Ikin in March 2011 for 4 whole days.
We went to a friend's wedding and we didn't go out of the hotel at all in the 4 days we stayed there....to be honest we didn't need it we were delighted at Ikin.
The swimming pool and common areas are amazing, the rooms are very cosy and in general the hotel mantains a structure that goes in line with the nature surrounding the hotel.
Breakfast are good, you will find a wide range of typical venezuelan food like arepas, shredded meat, fried plantain and also continental stuff like croissants, different juices etc etc.
If you are looking for a relaxing weekend do not hesitate to go here!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends