“Pretty good vista”

and 1 more site!
Bella Vista Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Porlamar
Reviewed 29 February 2008

The view was decent from our room, and we made good use of the pool. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, although the location left something to be desired. I would recommend staying here only if you are interested in the shopping and nightlife available in Porlamar. Otherwise, head for the beaches.

• Stayed: March 2005
3  Thank boardinbob
There are newer reviews for Bella Vista Hotel

Reviewed 13 February 2008

This hotel lacks not only better rooms, but most importantly, SECURITY!
A terrible scene happended while we were there. A group of taxi drivers from the hotel were hitting some hotel guests right there at the lobby! they hit them so bad there were broken noses, ribs, and blood was on the floor. There was no security personnel in place, and the manager didn't do anything to compensate or aleviate this situation. It was terrible to watch and certainly terrifiying for my family!
We never saw any kind of support from the Hotel management, the police or nobody. There wasn't even a First Aid Kit in the reception area.This happened on January 10, 2008.
Never, ever again will we stay in this horrible place!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank ordenenlasala
Reviewed 5 August 2007

I had read in a few guide books that this was a luxury hotel. I wanted to treat my boyfriend and myself to two luxurious nights in a nice hotel. WE WERE THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED. Immediately upon seeing the room I knew it wasn't worth it (ugly room, uncomfortable bed, leaky shower, and no sound proofing), but we were exhausted. I went to the desk and told them we wanted to only stay one night. They said it was fine. To make a long story short- upon returning home I find out they charged me for two nights. Two separate transactions- one which I signed and one which they FORGED. I AM STILL DEALING WITH IT WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY. IT WAS HORRIBLE.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank tiredCalifornia
ottawa
Reviewed 27 February 2006

We stayed at the Bella Vista for a week in February. It was not the best place we had been but it was not the worst. For all you people that changed your reservation and went to a different hotel, you lost out on meeting 16 wonderful people.

You could pick out the negatives or enjoy the fact that you were on a island full of sun and not snow. My only complaint that there was the all-inclusive guest and your come-off-the-street guests. They did cater to the off-the-street guests more and that made us feel like the lower class citizen at times. The manager was always coming around to make sure things were in order and overall they are trying to make things better still.

The food, yes, it was warm to cold, but overall eadible. The resort was well cared for and clean. From travelling around, i have learned to take a candle with me to clean out the aroma from past guests. The pool was beautiful and we had it to ourselves most of the time. There were plenty of beach chairs available at any time of the day.

We walked the beach for miles and found the most beautiful sea shells however I do recommend you wear water shoes as there is a fair amount of broken glass on/in the beach. The STORM (not sewer) drain proved to be the best sea shell catcher. There was a girl on the beach doing massages for $12US, and down the street you could get a pedicure for $7US.

They do recommend not to wear alot of jewelry on the beach or streets. That is common sense for any city, here or there. We walked the beach all day and went out on the streets morning, noon and night, and felt complety safe. The only thing we had to watch out for were the persistant workers in the stores who tried very hard to get you to buy something.

It was a quiet resort so we looked around for things to do as the sun is verrrry hot and you could not sit in it for long periods of time. We took a cab to the casino one night, but later in the week we found one within a couple of blocks(less than 5 min walk) from the resort. As for going to the SAMBIL shopping mall, you have all the same stores within walking distance from the hotel, save your travel time and venture on foot. You will find most of what you are looking for in RATTAN's and a Wendy's a bit further up the street for a taste of home. We did go to the flea market, and it was fun bargaining for items, but it was mostly clothing to be found. It is very hard to find souveniers on the island and the airport has some stores to help you out for last minute finds.

We only did one excursion with Life's A Beach Jeep Safari and it was wonderful. We seen all of the island, had a excellent lunch and seen a beautiful sunset. Pedro was the worst/best driver and we were the envy of all the other jeepriders. They do have a nice souvenier shop there so buy what you want before you go out because they drop you back at your hotel and you will miss out like I did.

As far as getting sick, too much booze, not enough water, and food cooked differently than you are used to will probably give you a bit of the trots. Wipe and get over it and don't let that spoil your holiday.

We had a good time and enjoyed our much needed rest and holiday.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2006

Hotel Bella Vista, Margarita Island. In January 2006, my daughter and I purchased a vacation package from GoTravel Direct in Ottawa, Canada. We spent one week at Hotel Bella Vista and felt like we had been had...you name it...it was wrong. The beach was covered in garbage and broken glass. The food was the worst we have ever experienced on our travels (numerous trips to the Carribean and U.S.). The buffet was constantly covered with flies. The bedroom smelled like human waste...even after trying to mask the odour with my 80$ cologne...towels for the bathroom were like precious stones; once you managed to find one or two...you thanked God! It was the worst trip of our lives - I was afraid for my daughter's health and safety. I wish I could think of something good about this hotel and the vacation package - I paid hard-earned dollars - vacationing with my daughter is rare - too bad this resort and travel agency destroyed our trip! In summary, we will never return to this hotel - and we will never return to Margarita Island - our tourist dollars and precious holiday time will go elsewhere.

13  Thank Critique
Ottawa
Reviewed 1 February 2006

The review below is the extract from my e-mail sent to Go Travel Direct. It reflect my experience with the Hotel Bella Vista.

I had booked the Hotel Bella Vista, Porlamar Margarita Island from January 16 to January 23, 2006.

I do not recommend this hotel classified at 4* but rather should be classified at 2.5*.

The following raisons explain why the Bella Vista should not be advertised in Go Travel and why future travellors should refrain from going to Bella Vista Hotel.

My rating for the food is poor. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that 40 peoples were sick the previous week and the doctor got three time at the hotel. As of a start of a trip, this is not too pleasant to hear.

Morning breakfast was satisfactory with three fruits, toast, croissant, raisin buns etc. Bananas were offered once during the week.
For dinner, the variety of food is quite limited to about 8 plates including beef, fish and salad. The pizza was offered beside the main location but was acceptable. The food was just warm if not cold. Dessert was same every night and for all week and consists only of two cakes and sometime fruit plate.

Wine was not poor but rather terrible. I have told once the restaurant manager that the wine offered was just not acceptable. It will be preferable not to offer this quality of wine than offering this. Taste of alcohol, old wine, almost color of brick stone.

We finally got sick after 5 days as the other 90% of peoples who stayed at the hotel. I could not tell for sure what make us all sick but I can point down the drinking water offered with our inclusive package. The drinking water was available at the only bar open to us and was contained in a plastic cooler. I can only suspect that this is the source of sickness of all travellers at this hotel. Our Go Travel agent at the hotel told us that this water was recommended. This is why we drinked the water instead of purchases water in bottle offered at the hotel at a cost.

I do not understand why the hotel consider their clients in two class. Our all inclusive package with Go Travel is classified as second class. One example is we were not being served for beer, soft drinks, etc at the lobby bar and the poll bar. The only bar available to us was the beach bar. Beer was fine but drink like Margarita, Pina Colada were presented like a slush puppies rather than their names.

The hotel beach is public with all inconveniencies that applies. Instead, we went four times at Playa Guacuco located at 30 minutes from Porlamar.

This is not my first trip as I went to Punta Cana four times, Cuba, Jamaica etc. But I was very disappointed about the Hotel Bella Vista for their poor quality and variety of food and their beach.

So I will never recommend this hotel and wish Go Travel do not include this hotel for the next season.
I wish I have read the comments included in the internet site ''tripadvisor.com'' prior my trip. I would had never booked this trip at the Bella Vista Hotel. However, my above comments will be sent to the ''tripadvisor.com'' site to inform future travellers what they can expect at the Bella Vista Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto
Reviewed 31 January 2006

The hotel Bella Vista is 50 years old and showing its age. The rooms were frayed and faded and the staff was relatively unhelpful as they spoke little to no english. If you do not speak Spanish definitely avoid this hotel. The beach is terrible and the food is of low quality (and quantity-they kept running out of pastries and bread at breakfast. Additonally the hotel elevators broke down every day we were there and they ran out of towles each day.

The pool is very nice and males the hotel look better than it is. The pictures on the website make this hotel seem better than it is-this is at best a two and a half star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2006
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porlamar
Maloka Hotel Boutique & Spa
IKIN Margarita Hotel & Spa
IKIN Margarita Hotel & Spa
#15 of 89 in Margarita Island
LIDOTEL Hotel Boutique Margarita

Been to Bella Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!